Saturday, July 31, 2010

20.something

Well, it's approaching the end of my day and guess what? I got my long run in after all. About 3:00 I decided to head out and run more miles and just get it done. And I really felt good, despite the temps and humidity and sun. What a difference a week makes. I ended up with 20.something miles for the day. My GPS is charging and I don't feel like getting up to look at it. :-)

And I have some catching up to do on my blog. Let's go back to Thursday. Eric got a kayak and that afternoon wanted to paddle from the Rec Center up to Lake Shady, a journey of about 14 1/2 miles. So I drove him up there.

He got the kayak in the water ...

and away he went.


He had a good paddle, and arrived safely in Oronoco. Kinda sore ...

Here's a photo of the new recipe for Raspberry Bread I made for Team R.E.D. There is raspberry jam in the batter, thus the whole loaf is colored.

Late afternoon, I went to a garden open house at the home of John and Suzanne Dinusson. They have LOVELY gardens.



Then it was quickly off to Team R.E.D. at the O'Leary home in Byron. The theme for the evening was "tropical".


The 6.17 mile run was HILLY.



10 hills. My legs were toast by the time I finished. I walked the last hill on 9th Street. I was worried that I'd trashed my legs for the race this morning since I'd run about 9.5 miles that AM, including 10 x 1/4 mile. Who knows ... maybe I could have run faster had I not done all that on Thursday. I'll never know.


Tom grilled up some delish kabobs.

A good time was had by all. Especially in our efforts to earn Bear's Den gift cards!
Wheelbarrow races! I elected to be a photographer rather than participate in that one. :-) Congrats to the winners ... Paul and Adam!

I got a new rear tire for my car on Friday (after a swim and lifting at the Y). I told the guy at the counter it was almost as bad as buying a house with all the stuff you have to sign. He laughed. :-) Sign something that says they can work on the vehicle, that they put the hubcap back on, that you need to come back for a lug nut recheck, that you are picking up the vehicle, the charge slip,  yadda, yadda, yadda,

Afterwards I met Jean, Julie ...

and John for lunch at Dooley's on Friday. It was good to see them, as always.

I had the salmon wrap from the "light" menu. It was very good. I just had the second half for supper tonight along with corn on the cob.

Tomorrow morning at 8 AM  at the RAC I hope to ride with some others (don't know for sure who is going to show up!). I'll see how much I have in these legs after today.

Well, enough for today. July is now all but over. Hard to believe. Summer will be just a memory in such a very short time.

Therefore ... enjoy.

No comments: