Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Wonderful Wednesday

The morning started on the early side as I ventured out to Byron to run the progressively faster run. The idea: run 7 miles at the following paces: 10 9 8 8:30 8 7:30 7 6:30 It turns out Tom O' and I were the only ones interested today.


All good. It was a beautiful morning for a run. So we ran ...

1 9:56
2 8:58
3 8:25
4 7:56
5 7:28
6 6:58
7 6:29 (That was Tom ... I was 6:43)

Tom backed off the 7th/6:00 minute mile and added the 8:30 instead. I like this mix better. It's much more doable for me. I'd like to get in that 6:30 though. Maybe next week.

HUGE crowd last night at All Comers'.


Laura had 500 tie-dye ribbons ...


and 500 cupcakes and she ran out of both. (Thank you Knowledge Beginnings for the cupcakes. I can't remember who sponsored the ribbons but will give it a mention when I find out.) It was great to see so many kids enjoying the beautiful evening and families spending time together. I'll put together a slideshow soon. Lots and lots of pix. BTW: Anyone who brings in their All Comers ribbon (any colod) to Chipotle (today only) gets a BOGO offer (buy one get one free). There was a really nice article in the paper last night. Thank you for the coverage. I'm sure that added to our numbers. We enjoyed a little pizza party for volunteers after the event.
 
 
I had a question about volunteers for the Rochester Half. For now, if you would like to volunteer just send me an email. We're still searching for a volunteer coordinator. A huge THANK YOU to Jerry Goodrich for being the water stop coordinator on race day. You rock, Jerry.
 
Somehow I left out the following new members in the latest RTC News: Craig Collins, Riley Costello, Tricia Nitsche and Peter/Kristin Somers. So sorry about that. BTW: I would like to give up my position as editor after 9 years. If you are interested in taking it over, please contact me. The newsletter has been posted on the RTC website.
 
Tonight is the 20 Minute Challenge at Running Room. All you have to do is run or walk for 20 minutes and you get a free technical hat. Can't beat that ...
 
Heard an add for Clean Bottle during the Tour de France. It's a water bottle that opens from the bottom for easy cleaning. Kinda neat.
 
Tish Torchia asked me to pass this along:
My name is Ian Torchia and I will be a freshman at Lourdes next year. On Thursday, July 22, 2010, I will be biking approximately 100 miles for fellow LHS student, Hanna. For those of you who do not know Hanna, she is battling bone cancer and recently had surgery to remove the tumor. Her positive attitude and courage led me to the idea of “Hanna’s Hundred.” I will be biking 100 miles starting at Dunn Brothers Coffee in the T.J.Maxx shopping center at 8:00 am on the 22nd, and if all goes well, I will have completed the 100 miles by 2:00 pm. The route is a loop, so it will end right where I started, at Dunn Brothers. I encourage you to come to the end and bring food. J Here is a link to the map: http://rasc.multisportsystems.com/page/show/9825 .


My purpose in completing the “Hanna’s Hundred” is to continue to raise funds to assist Hanna and her family. If you would like to donate, please make checks out to “Hanna’s Hope” with “Hanna’s Hundred” in the memo box. Please send checks to:
 Think Mutual Bank
P.O. Box 7195
Rochester, MN 55903
Attn. Sharon Kullot
 For those interested in this event and those that have a Facebook profile, there is information posted under the Facebook event “Hanna’s Hundred”.
Thank you!
Happy Trails,
Ian Torchia

Well, I'm going to get busy. Enjoy the beautiful summer day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm overwhelmed with you and your family Tish. You should be taken as an example for us all.

Billig Diablo 3 Gold said...

Excellent without a doubt! Many thanks for this! Buy D3 Gold
Cheap RS Gold