Friday, July 9, 2010

Fun and Fabulous!!

What a fun evening at Team R.E.D. last night. A beautiful summer evening and lots of food and fun were had by all I think it's safe to say. I'll create a slideshow later, but some of us really had fun with the retro theme. Welcome to new members: Andy and Erin Hemenway, Dave Duncan and Trevor Distad. Their photos are on the R.E.D. website.





I opted hot to run with the group as I'd run twice earlier in the day. 4 quick miles early afternoon and 9 miles in the AM including 10 x 1/4 mile. I had tired legs so decided I'd back off the pace to 1:30'ish. Those few seconds really help. I'd rather get in 10 x 1/4 at 1:30 than maybe 4 or 5 @ 1:25 pace. Anyway, my splits: 1:32  1:29  1:28  1:28  1:29  1:30  1:28  1:29  1:27  1:22. A good workout.

From K.C. Reed, some good news regarding the new pedestrian bridge over Highway 14: Do you love to bike? The Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC) would like to invite you to a ribbon cutting ceremony for the new Cascade Trail Bridge. It is tentatively scheduled Thursday, August 5. This new pedestrian bridge starts at the Cascade Lake trail and spans two creeks, Hwy 14 West, the railroad and ends at 7th Street NW. Check the RNeighbors website for additional information in weeks to come.

I'm finally catching up on old newspapers. There was a VERY nice spread on All Comers' on page G4 of the weekend edition of the Post-Bulletin. We thank them for the coverage. There's a special 40-year anniversary celebration planned for the last meet of the year on July 20.

From Mike Schmitt: Mizuno "Run WIth Us" and Boston/Big Sur Challenge.

My Cooking Light group meets on Monday. Here's the menu:

Wine Kathryn
Bread Renee
Pan-Fried Egg Rolls (p. 208) Pam
Apricot-Thyme Galette (p. 154) Barbara
Walnut and Rosemary Oven-Fried Chicken (p. 111) Mary
Cantaloupe, Prosciutto, and Cabrales Salad (p. 123) Margo
Farmers' Market Potato Salad (p. 136) Laura
Herbed Green and Wax Beans (p. 173) Diane
 
 Well, I'm going to enjoy some of this beautiful day on my bike. See you later!

No comments: