Saturday, July 31, 2010

Women's Race


A good day. And a new friend. :-) The day dawned a bit warmer than I'd hoped. And very humid. But ... what can we do? Nothin'. So I headed for Silver Lake with my 24 raspberry streusel muffins in tow to register for the 4-mile Rochester Women's Race, directed by my good friend Jeanne Block. She's pictured here along with my other good friend and pie baker extraordinaire Mary Dobberke. :-) Mary on the left, Jeanne on the right.


After a 1.3 mile warmup we were off to the start line for a couple trips around the lake (and a little bit more). In this race I always go out too fast and then crash and burn. Well, I have a really hard time throttling back on that first mile, but I knew I had it within me to run comfortable for the remaining three, so that was my game plan for the day. And I think I did a fairly decent job of executing it. My splits: 6:30 6:47 6:48 6:47. 27:11 (a 6 second PR) and third overall. There were 88 runners today. John Resman got a photo. This was at mile 2 I belive. Either 2 or 3.75. Look at all that nasty crepey 49-year old skin ...


Jeanne makes all the awards for this race, and she makes a LOT of them. 30 I think. This year it was footstools. She did a great job.



So what about a new friend? Michelle from Dallas. She's here in Roch for another year. She's got two little girls age 3 and 5. We chatted for quite a while after the race on a 2-mile cooldown along with race winner Mary Chestolowski (Congrats Mary!). She was running home, so I brought her stool to her later in the day and we chatted some more. That's Mary, me, Michelle.


After the race it was off to Brothers along with 16 other hungry runners for breakfast.





A great way to start the day. :-)

3 comments:

trainers shoes said...

thanks for sharing this post I love it really interesting

3d ultrasounds said...

i Love joined Family . This is one the best post for me . Thanks For Sharing.

Tubal Reversal said...

wow what a nice blog about the woman race...
i like these healthy activities...