Saturday, July 17, 2010

E.R.

This will be a VERY short post. I feel miserable. I was somewhat functional Friday morning, but then took a turn for the worse. Nausea, diarrhea (sorry to be so grahic, but it is what it is), screamin' headache, fever/chills, body aches that made me feel like I'd been hit by a truck. Finally, Eric took me to the E.R. about 5:00. They gave me IV fluids, anti-nausea med (Zofran?) and something for pain (Toridol).


It made me feel a little better. But I still feel like crap. One of the nurses said there's a lot of this going around and it lasts for a week, week and a half. Lovely. Not good news. Not exactly what I wanted for a weight-loss plan. But eventually, it will pass. And in the meantime ... yuck.

On Thursday at Team R.E.D., we played Rock/Paper/Scissors for some Bear's Den gift cards.


Adam and I came out winners.


I'd been having a streak of embarassments and bad luck, but it's been going pretty well now. :-)

My Boston Marathon finisher's certificate arrived in yesterday's mail.


Well, it's back to the couch. I had the Tour de France on TV yesterday. They replayed the day's stage over and over and over but I bet I was only awake and conscious for about 3 minutes of it. I haven't slept this much in I don't know how long. I just can't stay awake.

Have a wonderful summery day.

No comments: