Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thursday .... Terrific!!

Whoo hoo! It's gonna be fun tonight! And I'm going "retro".
See Tuesday's post for complete info, but Team R.E.D. is going to Run/Eat/Drink at Randy's house this week and it's a retro theme (which of course is optional). See Team R.E.D. for complete info and running/walking routes. All are welcome to attend. Randy is graciously providing burgers/brats/fruit/pasta salad/chips & salsa and a pony keg of beer. I'm bringing cookies of course! A couple of kinds. At a minimum, Snickerdoodles and chocolate chip. And probably Ron Giles' favorite double chocolate killer cookies. :-)  And I'm going to try Tracy Mccray's recipe for rhubarb salsa. She sent me some recipes for the ALS cookbook that I'm (sort of) helping with. Anyway ... hope to see you there!!

Last night I helped with Joey Keilor's ...


high school running program at Kellogg. We did a couple of miles of gradually increasing pace, a soccer style drill of .71 miles, 5 x hills, ...


downhill running techniques, strength/plyo, ... Joey is doing a great job. Pictured above on the left is Ruth Brennan Murray. I hadn't seen her in probably at least 15 years. She was Ruth Brennan then but is now married and a mom! And she's still a very good runner. It was fun to see her again. Also coaching were Henry Walker and Jim Li.


Yesterday morning I arrived at the Y at 5:15 AM only to find out that Mark and Lisa had already left. :-( So I headed out on our usual Tuesday course to try to catch them. After determining that I probably wouldn't, I decided to run our old 10 mile course which goes up to 48th St NW, just south of Essex Park. So I got in a 14.27 mile run. The middle 10 miles took me 1:18 so it was a decent run considering all my water stops. Then I went for a swim. Considering all I did yesterday, my legs are on the tired side today.

I got a loaf of red/white/blueberry bread at Great Harvest yesterday. It's DELISH. I highly recommend it.

TC10 lottery is now open. Register at http://www.mtcmarathon.com/ I've already registered through my race team. I think it's my favorite race ...

Well, I better get busy. Enjoy the wonderful weather today and hope to see you at R.E.D.!!

end

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Renee, I enjoy reading your post. I am curious to know more about the HS running program that your friend does at Kellogg.
I am the mom to a middle school BB player, and tried to get a running program started with her team. I would like more information on this, as I would like to keep it going off season. Maybe you can help me get in touch with the right people, like this Joey kid. Email me shumaker.therese@mayo.edu Thanks, Therese