Monday, July 12, 2010

Quick post ... it's late! Cooking Light was really, really tasty tonight.


 Everything was delicious. Eric and I just played 4 rounds of Connect 4. I lost every single one! And I wasn't just being a nice mom ...

Today was all about the kitchen. Pretty much. I made a batch of red raspberry jam ...


and at noon, delivered cookies to the guys at the Y. K.C. was the only one who showed up. He ran with Dan.



This afternoon, I canned a load of peaches ...



and made 2 pans of peach raspberry cobbler. For some reason, this year it turned out really liquidy but it still tastes good. The recipe (just for the peach version) is on my recipe blog. While all this other stuff was brewing, I was also making no-knead oatmeal bread for our dinner tonight. A new recipe that I baked in a dutch oven. It turned out really good.


Here's our meal. I'll post a slideshow tomorrow. I'm absolutely STUFFED.


This morning's workout was a 12 mile run including 5 repeats of Lenwood Drive SW. It wasn't fast. But it was a good opportunity for me to do some reflecting and soul searching after a difficult day yesterday. Sometime I'll post my thoughts on the value of a hug ...

Saw this custom bike stickers website on a Tri website awhile ago. Thought I'd pass it along in case anyone out there wants custom decals on their cycles ...

Well, there's more but I must get to bed. Tomorrow ... run/swim/run, then hills at 4:45 or so and then Twigs after the workout. If you're at All Comers', please feel free to join us when you're done. There will be cookies ... chocolate chip/pecan.

C U later.

No comments: