Saturday, July 24, 2010

Good Luck!

Good Luck to those doing the Chisago triathlon this weekend. I know there are a lot of you. Joe Ryan is one for sure.

Good Luck to the members of my race team who are running the Stillwater 5K this morning. I opted not to run this one. It's not a good distance for me. No speed. I will probably run the MDRA 15K in August, though. I like that distance.

Good Luck to me, running 16 miles this morning at the RAC. I decided to run 1/4 miles yesterday morning despite a challenging run experience Thursday at Team RED.


We were at the Franck's home ...


and the theme was your favorite sports team. Tod Bellrichard wore a Byron H.S. Football uni.



And you know what? He RAN in those pads!

It was a very warm and muggy evening. I felt OK for about 7 miles (Melby and O'Leary and I ran 3.5 early miles) and then I started cramping BAD. Right hamstring, and something near and above my ankles. Ended up walk/running it in. Wasn't pretty. But it turned into a nice evening for a delicious meal outdoors.




So yesterday I decided to run quarter miles if I felt like my legs could handle them. They were tired, but I thought I could do 10 if I backed off to "comfortably hard" on the pace, a pace I felt I could sustain for a slug of them. So that's what I did. 10 seconds makes a HUGE difference. My splits: 1:35  1:35  1:34  1:35  1:32  1:35  1:34  1:35  1:35  1:36 That's all I had in me. By the 10th I was cramping again. So I walked/ran home. I think I really need more sodium in my diet. As I thought through my average meal plan for the day, it doesn't include much sodium. Breakfast: oatmeal and fresh fruit Lunch: salad, or fruit and an English muffin or chicken sandwich Supper: almost always a salad and the rest of the content varies quite a bit. So I think I need to concentrate on getting more. Went for a 15 mile bike ride in the afternoon.

Today at the RAC ... 16 miles and HAPPY 40th BIRTHDAY DAN STRAIN!! I've got some treats: blueberry bread and monster cookies. We're going out for breakfast at the Crown afterwards.

Sounds like a nice weather weekend, especially tomorrow. Enjoy!!

No comments: