Monday, July 26, 2010

Monday, Monday

I started the morning with a pretty pathetic 7.18 mile run. Not feeling good again. But ... I ran 4 miles of it with Marie Boyd. She was doing a 50-minute recovery run after a hard 2 hour run yesterday otherwise there's no way I can keep up with that fast gal!! It was fun to chat with her about kids, training (her tempo run and speedwork ... she's coached by Benji Durden), weather-related travel mishaps, ... She's a nice gal in addition to a very talented runner. After really bad Thursday, Saturday and now Monday runs, I really need to have a good one to build some confidence. Maybe tomorrow. I hope.

Tomorrow (Tuesday): Trash pickup around Soldier's Field at 5:30 pm at the parking area across Broadway from Snappy Stop. Let Jean know if you can help out. Thanks!! Also ... hills (if you dare, with the weather forecast as it is) at 5:00 or 5:30 starting at Soldier's Field. I'll be there about 5, but will just toodle around WITH MY WATER BOTTLE (hint, hint ... bring water!) as I just don't do well with that much exertion in that kind of heat/humidity. Hopefully, we'll congregate at Brothers' afterwards. It's been a while. Yet another option ... Trail run with Jim Mason and company. Meet at the Nature Store/entrance to Whitewater State Park, at 6:15. Then tour the wonderful hills and valleys of the park.

Here's a link to Tom Woo's Lumberjack 5K photos with our race team. Tom ran a 18:03. Super fast!! Good job, Tom. :-)
 
At long last, here are last week's 40th anniversary of All Comers' photos: 


Today's baking: banana bread with chocolate chips and walnuts, and blueberry bread. I'm thinking I will NOT enter cookies in the fair this year. Those fair judges just do NOT like my cookies. Supper? Corn on the cob and a pesto pasta. Boil penne pasta and throw in some veggies, cut about the same size as the pasta, during the last few minutes of cooking time (I used sugar snap peas, green beans, and a red pepper).


Drain. Toss with pesto and some lemon pepper. Serve with Parmesan cheese if you like. Super easy.


Corn facts (since my polls are about sweet corn): 1) There are always an even number of rows. 2) Corn is a grain, not a vegetable. 3) There is one ear of corn per stalk. 4) There is one strand of silk for each kernel on the cob. There 'ya go. :-)

There are some prior year Med-City Marathon T-shirts for sale at the Y for $2. Get 'em before they're gone.

Last night I took the boys to DQ after Matt and I rode and before he left for Winona. We all had cones.


And so it goes ... Good night. ;-)

No comments: