Sunday, July 25, 2010

Fixed!!

After Saturday's run, my camera stopped working. It's a Canon PowerShot SD1100IS. When I powered it on, I kept getting a lens error. So I Googled the error and got some suggestions for things to try ... 1) Take the battery out for a while. (Didn't work). 2) Take the battery AND memory card out. (Didn't work) 3) Push the shutter button while powering on. (Didn't work). 4) Push the Func/OK button while powering on. (Didn't work.) Finally I did what Eric had to do with his camera, and what a few others said to do. Slam in down on a hard surface a couple of times. Voila. It works. Whatever was jammed causing the lens not to open has been dislodged. I'm back in business. Here are some Saturday AM pix ...

Birthday Boy Dan Strain (40th)


The (big!) morning crew

My cousin Wade's wife Tabby ...

and 5 kids (including triplets) staffed water stops 1 and 3. Thank you, guys!!


Today's workouts: Midday--4 mile run, lift, swim 1 hour. Afternoon--30.30 mile ride with Matt. Just over 1 mile into the ride, by the History Center Farm, a gal on a tri bike with a couple water bottles behind her seat going 19.7 mph, got on Salem Road just in front of us. Well, if you know me at all, you'd know I'd want to do something about that. So we pulled around her and we hauled all the way to Salem Corners. My mission? Stay in front of her. And it was a haul. But we did it. We got to S.C. about 1/4 mile ahead of her. :-)

Up next on the race schedule? I may do the Rochester Women's Race next weekend. And the MDRA 15K on August 15 (which means no RAC run August 14).

My dilema these days ... my training schedule. It's kind of by the seat of my pants and slightly dependent on the weather. (Give me a beautiful afternoon, and I'm on the bike. Thunderstorm and I'm in the pool. Rain? Run or pool.) Anyway, each week I want to swim about 3 hours, lift 3 times, ride at least 100 miles, and run speedwork, a tempo run, a long run, and a midweek medium-long run. I don't know if I can do it all and not have tired likes seemlingly ALL the time ...

Also running TC10: Sue Palmer. :-)

Team R.E.D. is running from Joe and Sara Ryan's in the near future. The chatter for theme? Formal wear. :-) Should be fun!

Marilee got the Who Is It? answers correct in the July RTC News. But I'll also accept other guesses. I want people to read, or at least open, the thing. It's in the members' section of the RTC website.

I'm out of news. Hope you were able to enjoy this spectacular Minnesota summer day. It was a beauty.

Good night. ;-)

No comments: