Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Short and Sweet

Just a short little post tonight before hitting the hay ...

Workouts: AM...Run to the Y, swim for an hour, run home. PM...12 hill repeats (about 9.3 miles) including 10 x 10th St SW and 2 x 9th Ave SW.  Tomorrow AM: Meeting O'Leary, Melby, Hamann and Misgen in Byron for their 8 mile progressive run ... starting at 10 minute pace and ending at 6 minute pace. Yikes. I'll hold on as long as I can I guess ... don't know if my legs have all that much in them after tonight. And yesterday.

Fun time at Twigs tonight. O'Leary was in FINE form. As usual. What a hoot. He really had a fun time hamming it up with our server Ryan. 

Speaking of Twigs, while I was in the restroom changing I saw an ad for a Tri I'd never heard of before: I think it was canoe, mountain bike, run. Rochester Eco Tri.

Congrats to Wendy Nevala on completing ANOTHER Ironman competition at Coeur d'Alene Idaho. She beat her Ironman AZ time and wants to go back to Idaho and conquer the bike course. We agreed that we'd like to do some biking together soon. :-) I'm game!! And it sounds like fun.

I'm thinking I might join TNT on Thursday at Foster Arends (Thursday Night Tri). Haven't been there yet this season and it would be fun to see some of my tri friends again. Congrats to Veronica Bond, Mike Ewen and Noah Retka for their high placements at Graniteman this weekend.

Reminder: There is trash pickup around Soldier's Field on the bike path starting at 5:30 PM on Tuesday. Please join us. :-)

Well, I knew it would happen sooner or later. The deer ate the impatiens on my front step. :-(


Speaking of flowers ... HyVee has their Million Stem Rose Sale going on. Roses are 50 cents per stem through July 27. 2/$1, 12/$6, 25/$12.50. What a steal. I think I'll pick me up some roses.

Well, it's way past time for a shower before hitting the hay.

My friend Mary almost always closes her correspondence with me with one word. And I will do the same here tonight ...

HUGS.

No comments: