Wednesday, July 28, 2010

On The Mend

Well, I think I'm on the mend. :-) Yippee!! At least I had a decent run this morning in Byron with Paul, Tom and Bri.



We ran the progressive mile workout. It was really muggy. Paul said 97%. Drops of sweat were flying off my fingertips the last couple miles. Paul is our taskmaster for this workout. And my GPS was dead so I don't know what my last mile was 'cause I couldn't keep up with Paul. The deal-e-o ... hang on as long as you can. So ANYONE is welcome to join us. Mile splits: 10:01 8:57  8:28  7:56  7:26  7:02  ?? Paul ran 6:28 and I'm guessing I ran about 6:40 judging from how many seconds I think it took me to finish after he did. Then we do a 1/2 mile cooldown back to Tom's house. When I got back to Rochester, I ran 2 of my one mile out-and-backs and then another 2 1/2 minutes to get to ten. We'd run 7.77 in Byron. Good workout. Considering. :-) Afternoon workout: 22.77 mile bike ride. Beautiful day for biking. Wunderbar!!

Thank you to those that picked up trash last night around the golf course: Jean, George, Erin, Andy. :-) It was a muggy, sticky night to be doing that chore. Thank you!!

People are starting to firm up their plans for Boston 2011. And that's what I'm going to start working on tomorrow too. Lodging. And do a little looking at airfares as well. It's going to be a road trip to remember!!

I think I'm going to be running the Women's Race (4 miles) on Saturday morning if my body keeps cooperating. Probably won't be able to run the time I did last year (27:17) but I'll do what I can. It's so weather-dependent for me. Hot and muggy? I crash and burn ... big time. Yes, even in a 4-miler it can get ugly. Jeanne asked me to make some of my Raspberry Streusel muffins for the race. She always has homemade muffins post-race and great awards and door prizes. It's a great event. All thanks to Jeanne. :-)

On my plate for Thursday: An afternoon haircut. A garden open house. And testing a new Raspberry Bread recipe and rounding up a tropical outfit for Thursday night's Team R.E.D. I found a cheap ($11) tropical bikini at the mall this afternoon.


But I don't know if I dare wear a bikini top to R.E.D. (With shorts!) I also had a 45% off coupon for GAP. A one day only coupon. It totally made my day when a size 2L (long) khaki pants fit. I guess the only good thing to come out of this GI stuff is that I'm not gaining weight. :-) I ended up buying a pair of low-rise boot cut black dress pants. Boot cut usually isn't my thing, but these fit nicely.


This illustration ...

Notice the nose of the triathlon bike (the white bike) is almost directly over the bottom bracket (center of the crank), which allows for a more comfortable, aerodynamic position riding in the aerobars.

was in the Gear West latest email. It shows a tri bike superimposed on a road bike. Pretty good illustration I think . I am still very happy with my road bike purchase.

From Gary at Youth for Christ: Colorado Peaches and Pears are coming to Rochester in just over 3 weeks. The fruit will arrive around August 23rd. For more information on our 8th Annual Sale, please check our website: http://www.rochesterareayfc.org/

I noticed these beautiful HUGE hibiscus just up the street from the O'Leary's. Gorgeous. I love flowers. :-)




Enough for today. Until tomorrow then ...

No comments: