Tuesday, July 27, 2010

HOT!!

There's no other way to describe it. Hot. Sticky. Windy. Summer. Soon enough we'll be complaining about the cold ... No workout (really) for me today. My GI system wouldn't allow a morning workout. Late afternoon I lifted at the Y and then walked 2.75 while the others did hills and/or speedwork. Yes, there were some that did BOTH on a day where the heat index was over 100 degrees. Crazy!! On the hills ... Tom O', Paul, Tom W, Noah, Mike, Roger, Joe, Sara, and me (sort of anyway).





A good turnout for a day like this. Joining us at Brothers were Randy, Andy and Erin.



I chatted with Bill Nevala at the Y and he said he'd like to volunteer at the Rochester Half Marathon. Of course!! And we need LOTS more volunteers. If you can help out (we need lots of course marshals), shoot me an email.

Eric bought a kayak over the weekend. He took it on its inaugural paddle today on Lake Zumbro and the Zumbro River. He really enjoyed it. He's got more plans for tomorrow.

I really had a low-key day today. After work, I just lounged around the house. Took a nap. Read magazines. Played the piano. Watered flowers. VERY low key for me. Didn't even bake anything. :-)

Thursday at Team R.E.D. we'll be at the O'Leary's. It's "Tropical" night. I'm not sure how I'm going to dress for that one. I'll work on something though. There's got to be something in this house that's "tropical".

Well, I'm hoping to be able to run at 5:30 AM in Byron, GI system willing that is. So I believe it would be in my best interest to get to bed.

Quote for the day: "What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies." -- Aristotle

Good night.

No comments: