Thursday, July 22, 2010

Numbers

What a beautiful day yesterday. I couldn't resist the temptation to go for a nice long bike ride. So that's just what I did. And I was pretty tired when I finished. I thought I'd recap the ride in numbers ...

0: The number of red-winged blackbirds that dive-bombed my head. Lots of activity, but no touchdowns.
1: The number of dogs that chased me.
2: The number of water bottles I emptied.
12.10: The number of miles I'd run in the morning before the afternoon ride. Forgot to include that in yesterday's post.
9 or 10: The number of other bikes I saw out there.
16: The county road I took toward, and about 3 miles beyond, Mantorville.
45.51: The number of miles I rode.
84: The temperature during the ride.
1.15: The number of miles I casually WALKED during the 20-Minute Challenge at Running Room when I finished.






20: The percentage of a chicken burrito from Chipotle that I ate after the 20-Minute Challenge. They had a BOGO offer yesterday. Those things are ENORMOUS.


Really one of the best days for riding I think we've had this summer. Little wind. Little humidity. Clear skies. It was great!


My turnaround spot ...

I forgot to mention a little tidbit from Tuesday at All Comers'. I went to my car, opened the trunk and instead of tossing my camera in my purse, tossed my keys in my purse and closed the trunk. Even as the trunk was still closing I think I realized what I'd done but I didn't catch it in time. DRAT. That was par for the course for the way my life has been playing out. So I had to get a ride home for my spare keys, and then a ride back to Soldier's Field before heading down to Mr. Pizza.

There was a nice article in last night's paper about Steve DeBoer's 40 year running streak. That's right. He's run a minimum of one mile every day for the last 40 years. Incredible.

Found out that Tod Bellrichard and Pete Martin also got in the TC10 lottery. Whoo hoo!! It's going to be a fun day. Early race ... clean up ... watch the marathon.

Tonight Team R.E.D. is meeting at Emily and Larry Franck's home for our evening run 'n fun. And they're supplying burgers, salad, etc. I'm bringing some blueberry bread and some cookies. It's muggy, and will be a VERY BAD hair day, but at least the deluge of rain has moved on out. Look for pix tomorrow.

I picked up my TriRochester uni last night. They're very nice.



Jim Parry was Running Room last night.


He's getting ready for his Endurance Challenge to raise funds for the Y Strong Kids Campaign. He's running on a treadmill Aug. 3 from 5 am until 10 pm. I looked at the signup sheets in the lobby today after my swim and there are plenty of spots left if you'd like to run or walk with him. Slots are 15 minutes each. I'm hoping to donate some cookies to the cause (door prize).

Well, I'd better get ready to head over to Byron. Ciao!

No comments: