Thursday, September 1, 2011

Steamy

Well, summer is definitely back for one day anyway. Sticky. It was already 72 degrees at 5:30 AM when I left to run down to the Y to swim. With a backpack on, I was pretty wet by the time I got there. Lifted and then swam for an hour. Had a decently good swim. Ran 5.0 miles.

This evening, I rode with Paul Thomford from the Bear's Den at 5:30. The wind was kind of stiff from the south so we rode to Rock Dell. Coming back, I took off for home at Salem Corners and Paul went back to the Den. I was beat. Actually, my legs were kind of dead before I even started. 35.28 mile ride. Temps in the 90's, dewpoint 72.






Matt and I are going to ride around Lake Pepin on Monday. We were going to do it tomorrow, but it's supposed to rain. I think I'll go pick raspberries in the morning after working out. Guess it will be a run day. Lubed my bike chain this evening. It's nice and quiet again. :-) I still keep checking my back tire for a flat. Still haven't gotten over my 3 flats in 24 hours from a few weeks ago. New Continentals are working great, though. I like the red/black color. Snappy.

Here's a few pix from my brother's family's recent cabin vacation. So beautiful.



Rick's going to have another "Run from Rick's Cabin" on September 18. Hoorah!!

Good night all.

No comments: