Sunday, September 4, 2011

Cool Down

What a difference a day makes. Yesterday morning, we were dripping wet within minutes of taking off. Today before I left for Dunn Bros. I was digging for gloves!! It was 50 degrees on my thermometer, and windy. I managed 10.21 miles (up to 37th St, Century H.S., Viola road and a couple loops around the lake). But I'm still lacking energy and just not quite feeling right. Not much appetite. Actually, I didn't even eat "breakfast" today until about 1:30 after swimming laps for an hour. I'm just now finishing off the piece of pie I bought on Friday. And still have half a caramel sitting on the counter. :-) Running this morning were: Tom W, Dave P, Dawn L-B, Kristin Z, Laura L, Jean M. Joining us for coffee: Sonja K, John S, George H and their guest Marcella (I hope I remembered that right).


Finished reading Blood, Bones and Butter today. It's memoirs of a cook. Really enjoyed it. Quick read. Next I'm going to finally read The Help. I bought it for book club months and months ago but never got it read. Sonja said to read the book before seeing the movie.

Matt and I are changing our biking plans for tomorrow. A couple people thought that biking around Pepin tomorrow would be pretty busy, so we'll bike somewhere around here instead. Not sure where yet though.

Here's a pic of me running at Gamehaven last Tuesday, thanks to Tom O'. :-)


I was really concentrating on where I was putting my feet down. I'm always afraid of rolling an ankle, especially when running in long grass. Monday evening there is a 6:00 PM run out at Chester Woods.

Here are some run and bike pix from last week's tri:












I was wearing a race number skirt during the run. The cord from my shorts was sticking up out of my shorts and my shirt wasn't staying down. Sure wish my belly button wasn't exposed in all these shots. And bad hair ... bad, bad hair. First a swim, then a bike helmet on wet hair, wind and rain, then a run. Yikes.

Made Roasted Beets & Sweets and a salad for supper. I am stuffed.



Hope you're all enjoying a long weekend. It was nice to see some sunshine this afternoon. :-)

Good night.

No comments: