Monday, September 5, 2011

Sunshine and Shadows

Today, we finally saw the sun and as a result, shadows. My morning found me running "around the hill" one and half times for a total of 10.13 miles. It was an absolutely beautiful morning for a run. I wore gloves as it was 45 degrees when I left, but took them off half way through the run. Finally a little good news in my life ... I wore my size small Nike tempo track shorts agan. Good news is hard to come by these days.


Finally had breakfast about 11:00. I've only been eating 2 meals per day lately. Just haven't been feeling quite right. So I've lost a little weight, which is good. Anyway, had oatmeal with raspberries on top. Then I sat out on the patio reading The Help. Really enjoying it. Mid-afternoon I went out for a ride. Matt opted out, so I went solo. Just did my Pine Island loop. 42.39 miles. I wore my new "pretty" jersey. The way my luck has been going, I feared I'd crash and rip it to shreds. Luckily it came home totally in tact. (I've got some serious smudges and dirt on my camera lens. My apologies.)






My "pretty" jersey

The sumac is turning colors



Saw one other cyclist out, but didn't know him. I finally caught him going north out of Byron up that big hill on County 5 past Oxbow. Just as I caught him, he flatted. I stopped to see if he needed help, which he didn't. I wished him the best and continued the ride.

For supper, I got a pizza from Papa Murphy's. I'd purchased 3 pies from the Lace-Up auction and hadn't redeemed any of them. Checked the nutrition facts online and decided on a Mediteranean Chicken De-Lite. Ate a little pizza, some cantaloupe and 2 ears of corn. For Matt's birthday (tomorrow) I had a BOGO coupon for a Creation ... buy one get one free. He got coffee something or other and I got cookie dough something or other. The "cookie dough" stuff they put in it is extremely sweet. Ate a few bites and the rest is in the freezer for another day.

My knee is doing well today. The oozing has stopped and most of the swelling is now gone. I've stopped icing it. I guess that's a little more good news for the day. :-)

Here's wishing for more sunshine than shadows in your life. Good night.

No comments: