Monday, September 19, 2011

Food Coma, Part II

Just a note about today ... ran my hill loop through the Merrihills Dr SW neighborhood but didn't run hill repeats. It was nice to have some energy by the time I got to Merrihills, Hillside Ln, Crest Ln. I took the long way home and ended up with just over 12 miles. Late this afternoon I took a bike ride before having to leave to volunteer at Community Food Response. I rode 15 miles out (just past Oxbow Park, through Salem Corners) before turning around.


Nice ride, enjoyed the sunshine, but there was definitely some wind from the W/NW. Bumped my average speed by .9 mph going back. 30.10 miles total. Tomorrow AM, I'll hit the pool to give my legs a little rest. If I have the energy, I'll join the TNT (Tuesday Night Trails) crew at the Willow Creek Reservoir at 6 bells.

So ... back to the weekend's food coma. Sunday morning brought a passing shower which ended JUST as we set out for the 12+ mile hill run from Rick's cabin.

Gary, Deb, Wanda, Jodi, Rick

Jay, Donnie, Gary, Rick, Deb, Wanda (background ... Cindy, Paul)
This run is a great workout. Rick advertised it as having 7 hills. I beg to differ ... I say there's more!! The hilliest sections are in the second half. I missed one of the last turns and stopped to ponder things ... then backtracked and looked for footprints on the gravel/sand road (which I found). 12.65 miles total. GREAT workout. Especially following 20 on Saturday morning. The run was followed by ... you guessed it. More delicious food. Rick prepared breakfast burritos which were delicious. (I'm thinking about doing them for my breakfast run on the 15th. All are welcome to join in the fun, whether or not you run.)


Jodi, Wanda, Rick, Pat

The Spread


Donnie and Gary

Cindy, Jay, Allison, Buddy

I was hungry!!

Kathy and Deb

Wanda, Donnie, Jodi, Kathy, Cindy

Allison, Rick, Pat, Jay, Wanda, Kathy, Cindy

Connie, Gary, Deb, Matt, Buddy, Mark
Paul, Deb, Wanda


Soon, too soon, it was time for me to head home. And as is almost ALWAYS the case, a traffic backup of about 20 miles that ended in Rogers (FOR NO APPARENT REASON). Cost me about an hour. The ONLY thing out of the ordinary in the vicinity of where the speed picked up (above 5-20 mph) were what looked like a STS crew picking up trash in the ditch. These delays heading toward the cities on 94 on a Sunday (or out of the cities on a Friday) are soooooo frustrating.

I got home about 2:45 and had to leave for our pizza extravaganza at Jay and Joan's at about 3:45. It's an annual get together with my Cooking Light group and guests. And so much fun. And so delicious. The rain certainly put a damper on things as we couldn't enjoy their beautiful yard and patio, but the pizza was delicious as we assembled and ate it inside their beautiful home.










Well, that brings you up to date on my weekend food coma. Good thing I skipped lunch both Saturday and Sunday. :-)

Good night all.

1 comment:

Buy Runescape Gold said...

Really sweet! I can't obviously have a need for something like this today, in case My spouse and i ever before carry out, I shall be sure to return! Most I will say is that this is actually nuts great!