Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Off Day

Today was an off day in several ways. First, my normal schedule just got all discombobulated. I wasn't scheduled to work so I slept in. Then finally decided to go to the Y to lift and swim (and I drove because it was raining). After lifting, I looked in my backpack and thought I'd forgotten my goggles and cap hanging on the laundry room door, where I usually hang them to dry.


Well, I got home and saw only the cap hanging there. It turns out the goggles WERE in my bag as well as a spare cap. Drat. I decided to eat breakfast, get a few things done, and then run down to swim at 11 which I did. My legs really needed an off day today. One thing I wanted to get done was make some cookies for my friend Nancy which I did. I forgot to set the timer for the first pan. Drat. But I checked on them before they burned. Then after swimming, I ate the first half of the sandwich I didn't eat this weekend and purchased at Nelson Bros. at the Clearwater truck stop on I-94. I just love their sandwiches, especially on the multigrain bread. Anyway, half a sandwich is a good-sized meal.


Even after a couple of days in the fridge it was still delicious. And I have the other half for tomorrow's lunch. Then it turns out I did need to go into work for a while. When I pulled in the driveway coming home I noticed that the hydrangeas are really beautiful right now.


I cut a few stems to bring inside. I was contemplating running with the Tuesday night trail runners at Willow Reservoir this evening, but my legs just didn't have any more miles in them today so I decided to let them rest. I want to run a good hill workout in the morning, rain or no rain.

I picked up these socks at Scheel's in St. Cloud on Saturday. I just thought they were perfectly "me".


As of tomorrow, my house will be on the market. It's such a royal pain to keep it showable all the time. But I gotta do what I gotta do. I'm listing it with ReMax.

Plans are shaping up nicely for the "PI" ride on Sunday afternoon. The weather looks absolutely perfect. We'll ride the Treadman course (forward or backward ... your choice) starting in Pine Island. So far, there will be 18 of us there. I'm supplying homemade pies. So far, this is my plan ... some sort of apple (traditional or streusel), peach, cherry and raspberry cream. And of course, there will be cookies.

Well, back to reading Runner's World. I'm so far behind on magazines it's not even funny. Pretty soon they will be relevant again, though. I'll be reading winter 2010 issues and it will be winter 2011. :-)

Good night.

1 comment:

Cheap Runescape Gold said...

This can be my own first time my partner and i visit here. I came across so many interesting stuff with your website, specifically their discussion. Through the tons of responses on the posts, I assume That's not me the only one having each of the discretion the following! Carry on the excellent work.