Saturday, September 24, 2011

What's New?

Well ... not too much really. That can be good. That can be bad.

My day started with a 15.06 mile run with a few speedier miles thrown in. A good workout. Love these temps for running. I wouldn't mind some sunshine and 70 degrees for later in the day, though. Jeff, Trevor, Dan and Andy received (finally!) their promised cookies for finishing first in the relay division of the Med-City Marathon. Enjoy guys ... and so sorry for the delay. No excuse. I just didn't get it done.


My handyman and his helper were over this afternoon removing wallpaper in the kitchen. I do NOT like those white walls. As soon as they finish, I will start painting. Same color as the family room since the walls run right into each other. A nice neutral beige-y color. I thought about the brick red that's on the fireplace wall (I really like color) but ... I'm supposed to be "neutralizing". Humph.

Spent some of the afternoon reading my book for book club on Wednesday ... The Heretic's Daughter. It's set in the late 1600s and has to do with witches near Salem, Mass. Not what I'd usually read, but I'm giving it a go.

I also started pie baking for the PI Ride tomorrow afternoon. I parbaked a shell for Raspberry Cream and made the blueberry this evening. Tomorrow, I'm making Peach Cookie Cobbler. I think I'll do that instead of peach pie as it uses up more peaches and is a little healthier. I've got a lug of peaches to use up.


Supper was some pesto tortellini combined with some leftovers from the fridge and a chiffonade of fresh basil. Tasty if I do say so myself. And a salad of course.



Guess what? I now have a wallet to match my super fun zebra purse. Love it.


Don't forget ... Sunday morning at Mayo H.S. at 7:30 at the north doors. A preview of the proposed LUABC course. Join us!!

Good night.

4 comments:

Daniel Gaz said...

I was lucky enough to have two of those cookies...and they were good enough to fuel miles 16 through 20 this past Saturday. I forget the name and the website from whence they came. Link? Thanks!

Ramblin' Renee said...

The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie (indeed)... just posted it in my recipe blog http://ramblinrecipes.blogspot.com Enjoy!!

Runescape Gold said...

I merely enjoy this tute! Appreciate sharing numerous good ideas around most! I really like your eye for fabrics. God Thank you and your loved ones!

Guild wars 2 Gold said...

Great function. And also wonderful assortment of tools to function... Excellent!!
Runescape Money


buy gw2 Gold