Friday, September 2, 2011

Here We Go Again

Another injury. Hopefully, only superficial and temporary. I was out running this morning and at about 5 miles, my right toe hit a little, and I mean little, blob of concrete stuck to the bike bath. In a split second, I was falling forward. Both hands hit the ground as well as my right knee.


I kept going, running and walking, blood running down my leg, until I got home. I was hoping to run 10 but quit at 7.5. By that time it was also raining. Yup ... I was feeling pretty sorry for myself. I hadn't been up long, and was already having yet another bad day. Things didn't get any better, so I decided to take off in the car rather than sit at home, icing my knee, feeling sorry for myself.

I drove up to Red Wing, and then across the bridge to Bay City, WI. Stopped in a little antique store. Didn't buy anything though.



Then driving south on 35, I saw this sign next to the road.


Errrrrr!! Screeching halt and left I went. 3 miles. To ...


It's a beautiful spot way up on a hill. I picked what I wanted of blueberries, then inquired about raspberries. Yes, they were ripe for pickin' too. So pick I did.





It was painful to bend my knee, so I mostly picked from the top of the bushes. It's just beautiful on that farm. Too bad the weather wasn't quite as nice.




Then I continued south toward Stockholm and Nelson. After 2:00 and no lunch yet! There are some beautiful view of Lake Pepin/the Mississippi along this stretch.





Arrived in Stockholm and after visiting a few of the many quaint shops, stopped in the Stockholm Pie Company for "lunch". I chose Caramel Apple Crunch a la mode.



It was a tough decision. They all sounded good!! Still, I didn't have much of an appetite. (For me, that's unusual but that's the way it's been for a few days now.) So I ate the ice cream and about 1/3 the pie. The rest is sitting on the counter now. A treat for tomorrow.

There are so many cute little shops to wander through. I didn't buy anything, other than one salted caramel (which I ate half of ... yes, it's also sitting on the counter!).







Stopped at the original Nelson Cheese in Nelson. Fun stop. Great old ivy-covered stone building.



I bought a "Dieter's" sandwich to go, no sprouts. Yup ... it's in the fridge. In its entirety. I'll save it for another day.


Never had a Nelson sandwich before, but it sure does look good. For supper, since I knew I needed to eat something if I hope to run in the morning (provided my knee cooperates), a leftover ear of corn and leftover green beans. And a slice of bread.

Made a new cookie recipe from the King Arthur Flour cookbook. Chocolate Peanut Butter cookies. Looks like a keeper. If my knee will bend in the AM, and the swelling is down, I will attempt running and bring them to the RAC. If that doesn't work out, they'll go to Dunn Bros. on Sunday morning (7:30) where I'll try again. My fingers are crossed ... I wanna run.


Hoping that tomorrow will bring me a good day. Good night. ;-)

No comments: