Monday, September 12, 2011

Triathlon

Congratulations to all my Ironman friends!! You are all so amazing. Only in my dreams am I an Ironman. They all finished, on a warm day. A shout out to Joe Moyer who rocked the bike (21.67 mph avg speed) and the run (3:43 marathon) and Kris and Diana Koepp who rocked the swim (55 and 58 minutes respectively). Diana also finished 2nd in her age group. I am so proud of all of them. Each event (2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, 26.2 mile run) in itself is a test of endurance but stringing them all together is just ... incredible.

I did my own mini triathlon yesterday. It started out with a run from Panera. I got in 10.15 miles. Pictured around the table enjoying coffee and carbs ...


Amy, Ruth, Marcella, Jean, Pam, Dave, Tom, Kristin.

Then it was off to Fleet Farm for water softener salt and paint (they didn't have what I needed). Then a mile and a half swim at the Y. The pool is open again. Yeah!! Then off to Menards for paint to finish up the picnic table (they did have what I needed). Then a 30.87 mile bike ride. Glad I wasn't riding west all day yesterday. But it was a good day.

Today I'm riding around Lake Pepin. About 70 miles and it's going to be windy. Winds 15 to 25 mph from the SW with gusts to 35. I'm going to start in Red Wing and ride the MN side then up the WI side. Then back to Roch for Cooking Light this evening. Here's the menu:

Laura: Appetizer
Margo: Blueberry Crisp (p. 100)
Mary: Summer Tomato, Mozzarella and Basil Panini with Balsamic Syrup (p. 32)
Diane: Fresh Lima Beans (p. 68)
Barbara: Melon Gazpacho with Frizzled Prosciutto (p. 77)
Pam: Smoked Potato Salad (p. 119)
Renee: Wine

Should be a fun day! I've got my SPF 50 sunscreen packed as it looks like this could be the last summerlike day in quite a while.

Have a good one!

No comments: