Wednesday, August 31, 2011

And Fun Was Had By All

I joined 13 other runners last night at the Gamehaven Scout camp for a preview of the 5+ mile course to be used for the race in November. It's akin to Living History Farms in Des Moines, but some say it's a lot more fun!! We didn't encounter any snow yesterday, but the bog was a little bit wet.







After standing around in the parking lot getting cold (60's and breezy) most of went to Whistle Binkie's on the Lake to socialize. Fun evening.

This morning, on tired legs after 5.78 miles in the evening yesterday and 5.0 miles in the AM along with an hour swim and lifting, I ran 12.02 miles. By the end, I must say I'd finally tired myself out. As I sit here typing, I'm debating whether to go out for a leisurely bike ride. Still haven't decided. It's so nice out ... Just mowed, weeded, watered, clipped a hedge and cut some flowers.


Kathryn told me about a bike rally in LaCrosse this weekend. Rides from 30-100 miles Thurs thru Monday. I might go over and ride but it's pretty loosely organized it seems. I'll think about it.

Congratulations to my friends Lisa and Wanda (center and right, with Deb on the left) who set PRs on Saturday at the half marathon!! They are really running well. That's not an easy course.

Deb, Lisa, Wanda
I have lots of pictures to post from the half marathon, but they're on my laptop and I'm on my desktop so I'll have to do that in another post.

A few tidbits about Sunday's tri ... the overall winner was a 16-year old male with a 1:12. Second and fifth place finishers (overall) were female. :-) There's no way I was going to be in the prize money. Great athletes. Also, no age-group awards were given out. :-( Don't wetsuits just make a girl look look fab?? Not so much. Like a stuffed sausage is more like it.







Congratulations to my St. Cloud DuTri friends who completed IM events this weekend!! Louisville:  Nicole (Bergh) Haas #285, Cindy Lewandowski #586, Amy Woolsey # 542 , Raechel Konczewski #267, Melany Swenson #149. Grant Swenson # 1335, Adam Konczewski #975, Pam Stevens #667, Daryl Stevens #2837, Sheila Pearson #135, Kathy Carlson #639, Kate Adams #649. Canada: Michael Murray. You guys are amazing!!

Later. Enjoy these waning days of summer.

1 comment:

Runescape Gold said...

I simply essential some information and had been looking for Search engines because of it. We went to each page that emerged upon 1st site and didn't received just about any related result i quickly considered to browse the second 1 and got your website. This is exactly what I wanted!