Sunday, August 7, 2011

Runnin' Road Trip

I thought I had enough left in my legs to at least run a 9-mile loop with some of the MN Running Wild runners up in Minneapolis, so at 5:45 AM I headed north on highway 52 to the Stone Arch Bridge on West River Road.




Stone Arch Bridge

Guthrie Theater; Gold Medal Four

St. Anthony Falls

Mill Ruins
I'm guessing 25-30 runners gathered for either 9- or 20-mile routes. Most opted for 20, but that would have really been pushing it for me. I started out with the "Kenyans" (Don Sullivan and company) at 7:30'ish pace. But at about 4 miles, that proved to be a mistake and I backed off. My hill-weary legs were feeling the early hills and too-fast pace for the day. I took the Lake Street Bridge to complete the loop down West River Road. Then I walked/ran the Stone Arch Bridge/Heritage Trail ...




for a total of 11.11 miles. They were a fun and welcoming group!! They have a Facebook page.


I'd gotten an email from Don Sullivan (center of the above photo) after the Lake Wobegon Trail marathon, which he won. That's how I got connected with this group.





After the run about a dozen of us went to the Longfellow Grill (after I got myself thoroughly lost trying to get there!). I had Oatmeal Flapjacks which were very good and very filling. I could only eat 3 1/2 out of 4. Everyone's meals looked delicious. The Minneapolis version of Team R.E.D. was out on the patio. They had a buffet, a keg of beer ... quite the deal. I guess they really do it up!!

Tomorrow is our monthly Cooking Light meal. On the menu:

Renee: Bread
Laura: Wine
Pam: Grilled Stuffed Jalapenos (p. 85)
Mary: Grilled Vegetable Gazpacho (p. 82)
Kathryn: Stone Fruit Cobbler (p. 124)
Margo: Bombay Shrimp Curry with Coconut Rice (p. 34)
Barbara: Market Salad with Goat Cheese and Champagne-Shallot Vinaigrette (p. 142)
Diane: Sesame-Soy Green Beans (p. 32)

Sounds delicious as usual.
 
Good night.

1 comment:

Diablo 3 items said...

it becomes an incredible, lovely, basic and genuine video of your good idea. I am just this kind of fan of one's operate! I'd personally have a chew regarding dessert off of a tree every day.