Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tired

Up at 3:51 today. Just couldn't sleep last night. :-( So thought I'd throw a little post out here.

Friday morning's run was 13.45 miles and Saturday brought the 103.10 mile bike ride and all it's problems. But that day ended on a good note as Eric brought his girlfriend Alley down so we could meet her. She's a doll. I like her a lot.


I made pesto pasta with potatoes and green beans, a tossed salad and bread. Cherry pie for dessert after we looked through Memory Albums which was fun. I made them for each of the boys when they graduated from high school.

Sunday brought a surprise knock on the door ... Dan Strain!!



He had a bag of cherry tomatoes for me. I had him take a look at my rim and tire, hoping to help me figure out why the 3 flats in 24 hours. More on that later. Sunday evening I met some friends at Down by the Riverside for the Uriah Heep concert. About all I can say is it was LOUD. Very loud.




Monday morning I decided to do a real long run so I ran 20.01 miles with not a minute to spare before work. Monday afternoon brought a trip to Rochester Cycling & Fitness and a chat with Charly Tri (didn't get a photo) hoping to get a solution to the flatting problem. He said he knows what the problem was ... too much riding! Ha!! The tire was worn thin and every little thing was causing punctures. So I got a couple of red and black Continentals. Nice.


I hope they're fast. :-) BTW: Sunday afternoon was spent finding leaks in tubes and patching them.


I was able to find someone to transfer my number to for the Mpls Du (thank you Buddy!) so now I am entered in the Outland Challenge tri on 8/28 out in Gary, SD. It's a first-year, small (25 females, 25 males) race on Lake Cochrane where my great uncle had a cabin. I spent quite a bit of town out there in years past so it'll be fun to be able to "tri" this. Haven't done one in 2 years, but we'll see how it goes.

Well, I'm fresh out of news. Have a super day.

No comments: