Thursday, August 11, 2011

Nothing to Talk About But the Weather

Not too much bloggable in my life right now, but there's always a little to share I guess. Workouts ... yesterday morning, 10 mile run and lifted (sore triceps today), 20 mile bike in the evening. It was a beautiful day and a beautiful evening, just as today is and was. This morning, I felt like I needed to give my legs a break, so I ran 5 miles and swam for an hour. Was going to go for a bike ride this evening, but time got away from me.

Jen, Jean, Kevin and I met with with MNDot, the city and the RPD regarding traffic control for the Rochester Half Marathon. Thanks to everyone for cooperating ... we are good on the current course for this year. But we will most likely be mixing things up a bit for next year. We still need course marshals. If you can help out, please email jean at runintojean@gmail.com

Saturday morning, I'm riding a 100-110 mile course with Scott and Mike Ewen and probably another person or two. The loop will take us through Eyota, Whitewater, Elba, Altura, Utica, Troy, St Charles and back to Rochester. If you'd like to ride along, let me know! That means I'll do my long run either tomorrow or Sunday. Going to have tired legs on Monday either way.

On the way to Stockholm, WI on Monday I decided I'd like to explore the little towns on the Wisconsin side of the river/Lake Pepin. So Matt and I might try to do that on bike. It's a 70-mile ride. If we don't get to it, I'll take a Friday and drive it. Just something I want to get done before I run out of chances.

Matt is student teaching at JM high school (band). Very large band this year. About 150 students, 30 playing percussion!! Matt said that they've called for 15 cymbals on one piece. BANG!!!

That's all I know. Time to get back to life as I know it.

Good night.

No comments: