Tuesday, August 9, 2011

On The Run

Last night we toasted Kelly's birthday (yesterday). Happy Birthday Kelly!! We miss you!!


And we sang a quick Happy Birthday! to Laura (Sunday).



We were at Margo's home.



I brought bread and homemade cherry jam.



Surprisingly, I think my favorite were the Smoked Stuffed Jalapenos!!



I'll be 'on the run' so to speak again this afternoon/evening. Not literally, but going with 3 or 4 friends to A to Z Bakery and Produce near Stockholm, WI for pizza this evening. You have to bring literally everything but the pizza ... chairs, tables (if you want), place settings, sides, beverages. I found the blog of someone that had been there and it looks great! It was also written up in Minnesota Monthly last issue. I'll be sure to take LOTS of photos! It's only open on Tuesdays 5 to 8 so we're getting an early start as I guess it gets crowded and it's supposed to be a nice, though windy, day.

Yesterday morning I rode 40.24 miles, my southerly loop. The sunrise was beautiful.


Here was my Facebook post when I got back: "‎40.24 mile ride this morning. .4 mph faster avg speed than same route on Thursday. :-) Came upon a horrific scene on county road 117. A car on it's roof, front end wrapped around a telephone pole, airbags deployed, roof caved in, steam coming out of the front end. A young man standing there on his phone. I stopped (police not even there yet) and asked if anyone was inside. He said, No ... just me. I'm OK. I told him how lucky he was to be alive. He has no idea how lucky." It shook me up. First off, I was glad he was OK. Secondly, glad I didn't see it happen. Thirdly, had I ridden by a few minutes early that vehicle could have hit me in the process of flipping. Scary. Lucky.

This morning, I'll run. I need to lift and swim one of these days. It's been a week now.

Hoping the stock market stops the freefall soon. Also scary.

Well, time to get busy. Enjoy your day.


No comments: