Saturday, August 6, 2011

Away ...

I just needed a few days away from blogging. So much going on in my life that I needed to give this little corner of my life a break for a couple of days. But I'll try to catch you up. The best way to remember what's been going on for 3 days? My camera.

Thursday morning brought a 40+ mile bike ride (too lazy to get up and look at my log!) with a beautiful sunrise.





I've since removed the Kinesio Tape and have been running and riding without it. No pain. :-)


Thursday evening found me at Thursdays on First & Third with thousands of other people, enjoying the music and beautiful summer evening with good friends. Jean had to leave before I snapped photos. :-(

Amy and I

Laura and Kit
Friday morning I decided to do my long run. GOOD THING after today's workout. I ran 16.04 miles and it was very muggy again. I was soaked head to toe, including shoes and socks. But I got it done. Last night Matt and I enjoyed a BBQ Chicken pizza from Broadway Pizza. It's the pizza of the month, so you get free cheese bread. It's delicious.


Then I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies for today's bike ride.


This morning I helped with registration at the Douglas Trail races. It was another warm and sticky morning. We've "enjoyed" these for way too long now. I'm ready for more than a one day break in the humidity. It would have been a tough morning to race. Kudos to all that showed up and ran.



Greg Hagen, race director




After helping at the race, I headed out on a long, sunny, HILLY bike ride with Bill, Pattie and Jeremy. WHAT.A.WORKOUT. Our route took us through Pine Island, Mazeppa, Hammond, Millville, Oronoco and EVERY hill in between. I didn't get any before or during photos, but here's the "after".


Helmet hair ... baaaaad helmet hair



There's nothing that would have tasted better than an ice cold Diet Coke after that ride. I should have stashed a few in a cooler for afterwards. Next time. My total for the day: 75.31 miles. The last few were pretty ugly.



Elevation chart

I'm part of the MN Running Wild Facebook group. They're planning a long run tomorrow morning on the East and West River Roads downtown Mpls. at 7:30 with a post-run gathering at the Longfellow Grill. Sounds like a fun group and a fun outing. If my legs aren't trashed in the AM, I'm going to head up there.

My son Eric is at Lollapalooza in Chicago this (long) weekend. Hope he's having fun. Should be nice weather for a huge outdoor music festival.

Time to find something else to eat. I'm still STARVING.

Toodles.

No comments: