Friday, August 26, 2011

The Half!!

It's almost upon us. THANK YOU Jen and Jean for the amazing amount of work you have put into this race. You're my heroes. There was a very good turnout at Running Room this evening for registration.



It was fun to see some of you that I don't see too often any more. Dave Duncan!! (Green shirt, camo shorts. :-) Thank you to everyone who has volunteered, good luck to all those who are running. May you be fleet of foot.

Jean took us to Panera for lunch. I had the You Pick Two ... chose the options with the least number of calories (other than soup) ... Country Turkey half sandwich and half a Poppyseed Chicken Salad.


After the race tomorrow, I'm headed to SW MN for the tri on Sunday morning (which is actually on a lake outside Gary, SD). I'm staying with cousins. Looking forward to seeing them again. I'm doing this just for fun ... not sure I even remember all the nuances of triathlon. We shall see.

I got my disposal working the other day. It stopped running when I was putting all the defrosted produce down there. Not even a hum. Thanks to Google, I determined that it had overheated and there was a red button on the bottom of the unit that needed to be reset. That did the trick. No plumber needed. I also determined that the freezer stopped working because a GFCI outlet had been tripped. Reset it and now the freezer is running again. I'm going to leave the fridge unplugged. Still sick about all the produce I'd grown, picked and froze. Putting all those sweet little peas down the train was heartbreaking. And putting 4 Giordano's pizzas in the trash was a killer. :-(

Today's workout: 1 hour freestyle swim, lift, 25 mile bike. Yesterday: 16.2 mile run straight north. Didn't have the mental energy to figure out anything more complicated. Made it to the first gravel road crossing on the Douglas Trail at 8.1 miles.

Sunday, there is a group running from the RAC at 6 AM. 15-20 miles (negotiable). All are welcome.

Life is full of mountains and valleys. Mine has been mostly valleys of late. Nothing seems to work out for me. Here's hoping that you're livin' on the mountaintop. :-)

Good night.

No comments: