Thursday, August 25, 2011

Heartbreaking

I got home last night to find that my fridge and upright freezer in the basement hadn't been running. Everything was defrosted and moldy. Blueberry juice stained the floor. Lost all the blueberries, raspberries, corn, beans, squash and peas I'd frozen. 4 pizzas from Giordano's in Chicago. Cherries picked, pitted (lots of work) and frozen. Salmon. It was a heartbreaking, smelly, messy mess. So sad. I spent 3 hours cleaning it up but there is more to be done. I was putting the produce down the garbage disposal but after about 15 gallons of stuff, that seized up so now I have that to deal with too.

We can still use help on the Half Marathon on Saturday morning. Please, please consider helping if you are not already, and you are not running. We'd really appreciate it. You can email Jean at runintojean@gmail.com

The Rochester Track Club annual potluck picnic is tonight at 6 pm at Soldier's Field picnic shelter. I hope to be there and hope you do too.

Hardly slept a wink. Guess I will go into work now.

Have a wonderful day.

No comments: