Wednesday, April 6, 2011

These Vagabond Shoes ...

These vagabond shoes are longing to stray
Right through the very heart of it, New York, New York ...

Today I registered for the NY marathon which is run on the streets of all 5 of the boroughs of NY city on November 6. I think it'll be a fun road trip. Mike Schmitt, Tom Woo, Tom O'Leary and Peter Maves have also registered. My friends Yvonne and Jodi are going to sign up too. Whoo hoo!! Girls' road trip. NYC ... here we come. I figured this might be the only time I'll have the privilege of a guaranteed entry based on time, so I went for it. I hope to visit Kelly and Ben while out there as well.



Today was pretty much all things (sort of) running related. Morning workout: run 4 miles, lift, swim. The pool got really busy at about 7:45 which was odd. By then it was 2 people in most lanes. Gave my lane to Judge Kevin Lund. :-) Then ran home. Just an OK workout morning. Nothing special. After work I got my Fetzer volunteer email sent out. Which of course is already in need of revision. :-( I try to wait until I think I won't have to change it, but that just never happens. But it's OK.

I volunteered to help Mederic Hall with a heel study. He needs uninjured heels and will do an ultrasound.

Then it was off to the track club shed ...


to pick up a few things (laptops, printer/timers, etc.) before the big equipment pick-up on Thursday/Friday. I need to get the scoring electronics to John Resman tomorrow afternoon. Then it was off to Office Max to make copies of maps, info sheets, entry forms. The bigger, visible things are the easy things (shirts, numbers, medals). The devil is in the details. There are a million of them.

At 5:16 (I was a minute late) I joined my trashy friends for a pick-up of the bike path surrounding the golf course. The first one of the season is always a bugger. There's a lot of stuff, and most of it has been there for quite a while. Thanks to Julie Yost, Jean Murray, John Dinusson, Theresa Walter, Joann Johnson, Dennis Johnson it all got picked up.


Me, Dennis, Joann


Theresa, John, Julie, Jean, Joann, Dennis, me
Then a few of us went to O'Neil's pizza pub. I waited to eat 'til I got home (save for a 2" square of 'za) to eat. I've got lots 'o food in the fridge.


It was just a beautiful evening.
 
 
I'm going to try to get up in time to get to Byron for the Progressive Run at 5:30. But I'm not going to push it. Too much potential for injury.
 
See 'ya.

1 comment:

Cheapest Diablo 3 gold said...

Quite interesting post. Especially. your is an acronym utilized to support the mind. I would not have seen the idea on my own. Must examine carefully aged photographs to find out this specific function.