Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Chicago for a Day


I made a quick trip down to the suburbs of Chicago today. The father of my best friend growing up, Ann, passed away on Friday and the funeral mass is tomorrow morning. I haven't seen Ann in probably 15 years as she now lives in Ohio, though we still keep in touch. I've seen her mom much more recently than I've seen her. My mom passed away when I was 11 and Ann's mom, and Ann of course, were very important people in my life. Her dad lived a long life, 89 years, so this will be a celebration of a life well-lived. On the way down through Wisconsin I passed the Cascade ski area where there is still some snow on the slopes. Must have been a HUGE base.



I'm meeting my sister for breakfast. She was celebrating a friend's birthday this evening, so I went to Giordano's for some 'za. YUM is all I can say. Deep dish Chicago-style pizza ... buttery crust, cheese on the bottom, sauce on the top. But it really is mostly cheese. I have no desire to know the calorie count.





Today's workout: 10.12 miles when it was 34 degrees with a 20 mph north wind with a little freezing rain and snow thrown in. On April 27. This is RI.DIC.U.LOUS. Winter just will not loosen it's icy grip on us this year ... Tomorrow morning I hope to run a few miles at Waterfall Glen in Darien, IL. I'll bring my phone and hopefully post a few pix before the forecasted rain moves in.

Toodles.

No comments: