Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Got My Mojo Back

I FINALLY had a good run this morning. Various aches and pains have been surfacing lately (left foot, right hamstring) and this morning that wasn't the case. It was a beautiful morning for a run. About 30 degrees and not windy. Gorgeous blue sky. I decided to run hills as I can't run them this evening (going to a movie). So I did a 2-mile warmup and headed for the Plummer Circle neighborhood. I ran 12 repeats of  the 10th St SW hill, 2 repeats of 9th Ave SW, and the 3 hills on the run home. 17 hills, 10.09 miles. And I wasn't sore when I was done. Just a really good workout. Whew. Nice. Yesterday, 4 mile run, lift and a really good swim. Took 2-3 strokes off every length of the pool. Don't know why things were clicking, but they were.

2003 adidas Boston poster--runner's names are watermarked on it

Yesterday evening 16 of us that are heading to Boston next week for the marathon gathered at my house for a potluck. Let's see if I can remember all the names: Ann, Joe, Andy, Erin, Jeff, Trevor, Angie, Jim, Roger, Joyce, Emily, Flow, Kristin O', Kristin Z, Shaun, Renee. I was looking so forward to it as it put me totally in my element: a house full of friends, a potluck, marathon talk. And Boston marathon talk at that. It's such an EVENT. I love the atmosphere out there. It's really electric. The marathon of marathons, no doubt about it.

As an icebreaker, I had everyone make a nametag (they didn't all know each other) and write the name of the marathon(s) that they qualified at for Boston 2011. Lots of info was shared ...



and I hope it was beneficial for those that haven't run it before. No, I didn't have the TV on. I created a slide show of my pictures from last year and played it on the DVD player. ;-) I sent everyone home with a little bag of cookies for post-marathon.



I've already heard that at least one bag did not make it home. :-) Ha.

Fetzer this 'n that: Shirts are in. I thought I took a pic to post but didn't. I'll do that tomorrow. Thank you to the volunteers that are still coming in ... John T, Theresa B, Trevor's Teenagers, Jean Murray (who volunteered to run sweep). Thank you Laura for the use of your van to haul stuff ... no sooner had I posted that request last week, that she came through me. My friends are the best. I'm thankful for you all. Replacement medal engraving arrived yesterday. 14 cases of fluids purchased at Sam's today (my back is sore and my Honda packed to the gills). Got a very nice email from Digger Carlson. I'll share his Fetzer stats in another post. Such a nice guy.

Like pancakes? Want to support the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation? Stop in for 'cakes at the Bear's Den in Byron on April 16. See Team R.E.D. blog for more info. I'm so disappointed I won't be there again. Last year it was also the weekend before Boston so I missed it then as well. But I helped out at the JDRF Roll 'n Stroll in May. And you can too!! Either as a volunteer or a participant.

Getting new carpet installed Monday morning. Can't wait. It'll really spruce things up in here. And it'll smell, I'm sure. :-)

Trash pick-up around the Soldier's Field golf course/bike path at 5:15 PM tomorrow (Wednesday). First trashy event of the season. :-) Bags provided. Feel free to join in the fun. Gather at the parking lot near Snappy Stop on Broadway.

I'm meeting Don Gabrielson at 5:30 Thursday at the Bear's Den for a few early miles before Team R.E.D.  Feel free to join us.

Gotta run. Later.

1 comment:

Diablo 3 items said...

many thanks pertaining to expressing. i was looking for something like that.