Sunday, April 3, 2011

Finally!!

Today, it finally felt like spring. I spied 64 degrees on the thermometer this afternoon on the north side of my house. And I went running in ...


capris!! That felt so nice. I actually felt overdressed when I was running into the wind. It was a slow, leisurely run with my iPod on. 10.09 miles total. The only other runner I saw out there was Deb Dilling. Congrats to those that ran Fool's Five today! And extra congrats to my runner friends Pete Gilman and Mary Chestolowski who won the men's and women's divisions. Excellent!

After I returned home, I decided to do a little work out in my flower beds. I cleaned out the dead tops of the perennials. I just love to dig in the dirt.


Can't wait 'til the greenhouses have live plants.

After getting cleaned up, I took Lisa out for lunch at Dooley's to celebrate her birthday which was last week. We had a very nice lunch. I gave her some of my "loaded" cookies (semi-sweet and dark chocolate chips, toasated pecans, ground pecans, ground oatmeal) and some homemade jam.



I had BBQ chicken sliders. I ate two and took the other one, and those "fries" (which were actually spicy chips) home. I skipped breakfast so by mid-afternoon I was starving. I chomped on celery and carrots, but that didn't quite do it for me. So about 6:00, I made some roasted asparagus and yet ANOTHER salad.


Lori posted a picture of a DQ ice cream sundae on Facebook. Boy, did that look good ...

On Groupon.com today: $40 gift certificates for Bilotti's for $20.

Tomorrow is my potluck for the Boston (Marathon) Bound Buddies from Rochester. We're at 17 now. Should be a nice evening ... good friends, good friends, good fun. Bloggable to be sure.

I'm getting closer to deciding to run the NY marathon this fall. I've reserved a room, but haven't registered or purchased plane tickets yet. But I'm getting closer ...

Enough for today. Good night.

No comments: