Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Not Too Much of Interest

Not too much on the newswire today. But I can always find a few things to report.

Workout: Ran to the Y, lifted, swam for an hour. Then ran home, showered and ate before dashing off to Methodist hospital for my heel study ultra sound with Dr. Mederic Hall.


Piece of cake. I just laid on a gurney face down and relaxed! Can't beat that. He's still looking for more subjects. The whole thing, including a 4-block walk to and from my car, took about 30 minutes. You can email Mederic at mederic.hall@gmail.com

This afternoon while putting groceries in the trunk at HyVee, I discovered that my 26.2 magnet was missing. I figured it came off in the car wash the other day. So I decided I'd swing by and ask if it was found. Believe it or not, it was there. It'd been driven over so it's kind of pock-marked, but it's back on the trunk on my car. Picked up a new pair of asics 2160s at Running Room today. I like to have a spare in the closet. You just never know when you'll need a new pair of running shoes. Had impressions made of my teeth for a new night guard. The hygienist said most people really don't like the process. Believe me, it was nothing.

I ran 2.13 miles on the track at 5:00. I am tapering. Sam Ellis was there too, as were two other people that I didn't know. For the most part, I just jogged at about 8:15 pace and picked it up to 6:30 pace the last lap. It was a beautiful day for running, and a beautiful day to be outside. I worked on my perennial beds this afternoon and I think I got a little sunburned. At 5:30 I met Jean and Reddy at Brothers to talk all things RTC website. Tina was our server and she was delighted to indulge in a cookie. She's a sweetheart.


I left at 6:45 as it was just me 'n Tina (and the rest of the patrons of course). I think I'm ready to give up the Tuesday night gig. It seems to be a bust.

Paul Melby gave me permission to post this:

OK, so I have come up with a plan for Saturday. Last year we did this and it was a lot of fun. What I am planning is a 3 segment run. Early Miles, Run with RAC Group, Run to Byron for all you can eat Pancakes to help support the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF). I believe the cost of the Pancake breakfast is $5. I'm going to plan on carrying a plastic baggie to throw some cash in so if anyone wants me to carry some for them, I'm fine with that. Randy Quint has offerer to set up a beer....I mean water stop about halfway between Rochester and Byron. Then Randy will be available to taxi people who need a ride back to their car at the RAC after the breakfast. I am also available to taxi if we have that many people. So we will get you back to your cars after the run (we won't make you run again). And if anyone wants to have a dry shirt or change of clothes there, you can get it to Randy, myself, Tom O'Leary, or someone else who might be driving there to meet us ahead of time.


This is a fun run for a GREAT cause. Please join us for some or all of this run if you can. Hope to see you there. (Please let me know if you are joining us for the Byron part so we know we have enough cars to get everyone back to Rochester....Thanks)

Preload some miles before RAC Run (6:20am): 5.5 miles

NOTE: This route says 6.8 but if we skip the out and back to the road it is closer to 5.5

http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/fullscreen/28405050/

Run with the RAC Group (7:15am): 7.9 miles

NOTE: We will run the first 3.5 miles with the group to the first water stop and then break off.

http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/fullscreen/31582530/

Leave the RAC for Byron (8:40am): 7.4 miles

http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/fullscreen/31579656/

Arrive at Bear's Den a little before 10:00am so we can change into dry shirts/clothes and we should end with a grand total of 20.8 miles (give or take a little).
Tom O'Leary has an interesting workout for Thursday morning. It's called the Even Steven workout. Here's the scoop:

10 minute warmup- slow and easy
10 minute at Marathon pace
2 minutes at easy effort
8 minutes at Half Marathon pace
4 minutes at easy effort
6 minutes at 10K pace
6 minutes at easy effort
4 minutes at 5K pace
8 minutes at easy effort
2 minutes slightly faster then 5K pace
10 minutes recovery / cool-down

I'm going to give this one a try sometime. Sounds fun!

Enjoy your day.

No comments: