Sunday, February 27, 2011

Why me??

Things, admittedly just little things, don't seem to be going my way. Yes, it could be a lot worse ...

Late this afternoon I went to the office. The attorney I work for is out of town. I was going to run the vacuum while no one else was there, go through the mail, water the plants, etc. I'd picked up some supplies at Wal-Mart last night and they were in my trunk. I opened the office door, put my purse on the desk, remembered that I had the stuff in my trunk, and went out to get it. Came back in (luckily had my car keys) and discovered ... a locked office door. With my purse, office keys, and phone inside. Arghhh ... The "If onlys" were just streaming through my brain. Luckily, Dan was in the office next door and he let me use his office phone and a phone book to start making calls. This was about 4:00. Finally, at about 6:30 I was back in the office running the vacuum. Not how I'd planned to spend that amount of my day. But the good news ... at least I hadn't locked my car keys in the office. That would REALLY have been the pits.

And now as I sit here on my laptop, it's not recognizing anything connected via USB ... my mouse, my camera. I restarted the computer a couple of times to no avail. And I keep getting a pop-up window saying "USB device not recognized" but currently THERE IS NOTHING CONNECTED VIA USB. Can you sense a little frustration here? Can something just be easy for me? Fuhgeddaboudit!!! If anyone has a clue on how to solve this, please let me know.

Well, let's get back to my day. Started out by cleaning out the hall closet. Lots of stuff went in the trash and it's just more organized in general.


Then I started on a few kitchen cabinets. Disaster soon ensued. But now ... all good. And the car is full of stuff to be donated to Salvation Army tomorrow.


Dug these out of the basement. They're up for grabs. Waxless Rossignol CC skis, but you'll probably need to put on some new bindings as these are old-style. Also have some poles ... 135 cm Exel but one basket has a piece broken off. Want 'em? Email me. First come, first served.


Supper was ... a salad (what else).


and a Cooking Light pasta recipe that's really a favorite of mine. It's got roasted butternut squash (roasted with rosemary), shallots, a little bacon, and penne pasta with a Provolone cheese sauce (made with 2% milk and flour ... no butter). 1.5 ounces of grated Parmesano Reggiano on the top. D.LISH.


These daffodils purchased at Trader Joe's are just the opposite of the fresh flowers I purchased 3 weeks ago now (and are still on my table). These are disappointing. They're fading, but they never opened up. What's the opposite of disappointing? Appointing??? Anyway, I continue to be impressed with my 3 week old flowers.


Thank you to Dave Phillips for the Fetzer shirt design for 2011. I like it!!



I got an email from Sharon, the RD for Lake Wobegon. She said I'm the race's biggest ambassador. She said there are 14 Rochester runners registered:

Frank Bartocci (streaker)
Richard Bram
LaRee Etter
Meredith Evenson
Marni Gehrking
Brianne Hamann
Andy Hemenway
Liz Jaben
Corrine Klebe
Justin Offord
Joe Ryan
Renee Saxmann
Mike Schmitt
Jennifer Schrandt
Millie Suk

This is gonna be FUN!!

Here are a few pix from snowshoeing on Friday evening. What a lovely, relaxing evening. Thank you Dan and Stacy!!








Today's workout: 68 minutes of "Strength I" (TriRochester bike workout) on the bike and a one mile run. Tomorrow morning I think I'll hit the RCTC track.
 
Well, I guess I'll get back to the Academy now. I'm not really impressed with the show this year. My guess ... next year's hosts will not be the same as this year's.
 
Good night ...

No comments: