Wednesday, February 2, 2011

"Will It Go Round In Circles?" --Billy Preston

Yes, "it" (she) will. Again ... and again ... and again. 82 times to be exact. I was awake at about 4 AM, couldn't get back to sleep so about 4:30 I was up and at 'em. The wind chill was -13 and getting lower, so at 5:45 I headed to the RCTC indoor track to run a recovery run. I had it all to myself. Nice. Glad I had some tunes.




I thought that 10 miles at 8:30 pace would be reasonable. This is my 7 mile split. I think I hit it, don't you??


The first mile I felt pretty creaky after yesterday's first attempt at "speedwork" since August. Here are my mile splits: 9:39 (yikes!) 8:31  8:35  8:21  8:21  8:16  8:16  8:15  (do you think I was in a zone??) 8:04  7:41 for a grand total of 1:24:07. Then I walked a lap and then did one timed 200 for fun. I was hoping for 45 seconds, but it was 47 seconds. :-( BTW: Yesterday's 10 miler was 1:20:20, 7:10 faster than the TC10 when I was injuired. Happy about that I guess. But my fitness and speed are far from where I want them to be. Much work to do ...

The sky looks cold, and ... it was cold. Very cold. The wind was bitter.


At noon I went to the Y to swim a mile and a half. Still trying to get Team R.E.D. to Cuba!! Greeted Tracy McCray on the way in. She said, "Are you working out again? When I grow up I want to be like you." (Or something close to that.) I told her that would be a big mistake. :-) Talked with Jim Hebl in the hot tub for about 15 minutes after my swim. That's all the sightings for today I believe.

I spent most of the late afternoon/evening cleaning/decluttering the house. I have another load to bring to Salvation Army. Finally about 8:00, I had supper. A salad and a little leftover pasta from last night (Noodles "pasta fresca").

Last night, Amy, Brianne, Jean, Gina and I met at Noodles south for some dinner before heading over to Wehrenburg theatres to see The Fighter. I can't believe I didn't take a pic!! What's with that?? I enjoyed the movie, but it wasn't top on my list. I've never been a huge fan of boxing and still am not. But I'm glad I saw it. After I go home, I chatted with my sister for a little while and then took a spin on the bike for an hour. I was going to do the same today, but the evening has gotten away from me. :-( There's always tomorrow ...

Some folks are heading to the track in the morning at 6 AM for a Progressive Run (progressively faster miles by 30 seconds to a minute) as it's too cold to do it outside. I think I better stay away from the track in the morning as I can feel the stress of all those corners (320 in 10 miles) on my lower legs. I heard that the groundhog did not see his shadow this morning. An early spring is in store. SWEET!! (But who believes the groundhog anyway?)

The end of the off-season is Saturday and we'll be having a breakfast run here at 7:30 AM. (2026 Kal Lane SW, Roch). Frontloaders are welcome, as are non-runners!! The menu will be the usual drill ... steel cut oats, egg bake, fruit, muffins/scones/cookies, coffee, ... Please come! Bring your friends!

Time to read the newspaper(s). Good night.

No comments: