Thursday, February 24, 2011

An "Off" Day

I filled up my car with gas early afternoon at $3.25/gallon. Seemed expensive to me. This evening I noticed it had jumped AGAIN ... to $3.49/gallon at S.A. Ouch. That's going to have lots of ripple effects.

I'm having an "off" day. An "off" week, actually. Not sleeping well, so I'm just dragging during the day. I didn't make it to the progressive run in Byron this morning. At 5:00 AM, I just could not drag myself out of bed. I was exhausted. And nothing sounded appealing workout-wise. I laid there trying to think of somewhere in Rochester that was relatively flat and relatively devoid of traffic/crossings so I could do the workout here. Nothing came to mind. I didn't really feel like going to the Y. I contemplated getting on the bike. But finally ... at 6:30, I got on the Stairmaster for 2 hours. Mindless, but a good workout nevertheless.

I took my friend Kathryn to the airport shuttle late afternoon (she's off to NZ via LA and Australia. Lucky!) and then contempled ... 1) just running my mile for the day, 2) running the mile and then hopping on the bike, 3) running down to meet Team R.E.D., 4) going to the TriRochester gathering at Glynner's. Well, I had to run the mile at a minimum. So I did that, got home at 5:45 and decided that I'd head back out and run RED's course in reverse, meet up with them, run back to 6th St and then run home and quickly head up to Glynner's for a little while. So that's what I did. It was nice to still have a little daylight at 6:03 PM.



It looked like a good turnout for RED.




By the time I got home, I had in 6.3 miles. Then I headed up to Glynner's to meet up with the TriRochester folks. Congratulations to Sawra and Matt who are expecing a baby July 16. Sawra says she feels great!



On the way home I stopped at HyVee Barlows for a couple of things: 1) unbleached parchment paper, and 2) asparagus ($1.88/lb.) Well, that store doesn't carry the parchment and the asparagus was totally picked over. Just a couple of bunches that were pencil thin (I like it on the thick side). Again ... things are just "off" for me. I did find some interesting looking carrots on sale, so I bought them.



After work I'd stopped at Trader Joe's for a few things. I ran into my friend Diane Langton and talked to her for a while. Picked up a few fun things. Red peppers were only 69 cents each ... a steal. Daffodils were $1.69.


Finally at 8:33 PM I ate my dinner.


Matt's band concert at WSU last night was very nice. I really enjoyed it. A diverse selection of music, and it was performed very well.


I ate a BBQ pork sandwich (very unremarkable) at Jefferson's before the concert. It didn't sit very well. That's probably part of the reason I didn't sleep well last night. It's always something ...

Tomorrow my friend Dan is having a snowshoe hike followed by chili and beverages. The only person on the guest list that I know is Jim Benike. But it'll be fun, I'm sure!!

I'm tired .... toodles.

No comments: