Sunday, February 20, 2011

Spring Has Sprung?


Hardly. A couple of days ago it sure felt like it. Today? Not so much. But I did put away the snowmen and get a few bunnies out of their boxes. This morning I got in my one-mile run for the day and then shoveled the first 3-4" of snow. Workout #1.

Heading toward Fox Valley Drive

Looking west on Fox Valley Drive

My half mile turnaround spot
 At 12:30, I got on the bike and did the TriRochester Tempo I workout from 2/7. What a great workout. Sweat dripping from every pore on my body. I just LOVE pushing those big gears on a bike. My heart rate gets way elevated and my legs get a workout, but there's no pounding. Workout #2. Then I went outside and finished shoveling the sidewalks and the last 1" of new snow. Workout #3. When the plow comes by, that'll be workout #4. I heard thundersnow for the first time this afternoon.




I'd tentatively planned to go snowshoeing at 3:00, but decided shoveling took precedence. :-( I hope they had fun. :-)
Hats off to LaRee (full), Andy (full) and Lori (half) on their successful runs in Austin, TX this morning. Great job, one and all! From the calls, texts and Facebook status updates, it was a challenging, hilly course and the weather was warm. When I talked to Andy, they were headed out to see the sights. It was 78 and sunny. Lovely for sightseeing, but not for running a marathon.

Tomorrow evening the Lace-Up committee is coming over for a dinner/post-mortem. I've decided on the menu: baked chicken, streuseled sweet potatoes (Cooking Light recipe), Walnut Bread (Cooking Light recipe) ...



< snowplow just came by ... workout #4 is now looming >

... apple, pear, cheddar salad and for dessert, poppy seed cake. The cake is a white cake and requires stiffly beaten egg whites. This is the test for "stiffly beaten" ... an upside down bowl. And they shouldn't fall out. :-)


John Shonyo is bringing beverages.

There were 50+ runners at the RAC yesterday morning for the run. Great turnout.



Matt stopped by for a couple of minutes yesterday afternoon on his way from the cities to Winona. What a nice surprise!!


Matt had a vocal music concert last night. I got to see the new fitness center all lit up.




They did a really nice job. I enjoyed the concert. It was a short one ... 45 minutes. But that was OK as I was really tired and still had the drive home. The moon was really pretty last night ... almost full, and the cloud formation was like stripes.


I ran across this envelope when cleaning out the office. So cute. :-)


Well, I guess I'll go out in the sleet and wind and finish up the shoveling. It's not gonna be fun. Later ...

No comments: