Saturday, February 26, 2011

Enough Already

16.55 miles today. I didn't get going until 11 bells as I got to bed at 1:30 AM. What a slug. And it snowed the WHOLE time. That fresh fluffly snow covered up all the ice patches. I was perilously close to going down behind HyVee north but somehow I stayed upright. I am really, really, really tired of winter running. I have totally had enough. My legs were tired today, I had ice chunks on my eyelashes, I got snow in my shoes which soaked and froze my feet and I was tired of slipping on the ice. ENOUGH. AREADY.

Sunday morning: Panera South at 7:30 AM if you feel like running some more. Tom Woo is running 10, but I'm sure there will be a way to run a few more, run a few less. And the coffee pot is always on afterwards.

Snowshoe Sunday at 12:15 at Oxbow at the first bridge. Snowshoeing with Dan E. and friends was great fun last night. I've got some pix but haven't taken them off the camera yet. Sacey E. made 2 kinds of chili for us for the after-party. Regular chili made with turkey and a Mexican chili with corn, cumin, etc. The Mexican version was DELISH. Thanks Dan and Stacey for a great evening.

Being I got such a late start, I've had one meal today. My first EVER hamburger at Newt's at about 4:30 PM. Left most of the fries. The burger was very good, I must admit. They deserve their "Best Burger" award 8 years running. I asked the server where they get their buns. The Gingerbread House. Very good. Then it was off to run a bunch of errands. Now I'm finally sitting down and it feels great.

Well, I think I'm gonna chill for a while ...........   Toodles.

No comments: