Friday, February 4, 2011

Beautiful!!

What a beautiful day it turned out to be!! I ran to the Y (it's been a while!), lifted, and then swam for an hour. Spotted in the pool ... Judge Lund, Dr. Warner, and Nancy Kryka who was in the lane next to me. Why do I always find myself swimming next to these super fast swimmers who make me feel like I'm swimming backwards?? Nancy is a state/national class masters' swimmer. Very fast!! After a couple minutes chilling (?) in the hot tub, I left the Y and ran to Ted's house to pick up some papers to overnight up to Eric in the cities at FedEx. Then to HyVee for some fat-free half and half for tomorrow's breakfast run (for the egg bake) and then FINALLY ran home. I had my Scottish oats breakfast at about 10:45. I was STARVING. Total miles for the morning: 6.40.

When I got home, I started baking. Tom Woo's Second Anniversary of his 50th Birthday Cookies (oatmeal raisin) ...


and pumpkin bread with pecans.


This evening, Peanut Sitting Pretties.


Some for tomorrow's breakfast run (please join us ... 7:30 if you want to run, a little later if you just want to eat!) and some to the freezer for the Lace-Up Against Breast Cancer silent auction next Sunday. Speaking of Lace-Up, here's a picture John posted of the custom medals. They're VERY nice.


John and Jean will have the medals and the embroidered scarves at the breakfast run tomorrow.

I've finally charged up my new Garmin and am running with it now. The old one was incredibly unreliable. It would only power on after just being removed from the charger. Sometimes the display would appear upside down and backwards, sometimes half of each number was showing (top half) ... really weird. I think it's time I send that baby to Garmin heaven. Yesterday I ran 10.08 in the late afternoon. I tweaked my around-the-hill loop and went out past Bamber Valley and Mayowood instead of running the little stretch on Salem Road which is very unsafe when the bike path isn't runnable. It was 9.6 so I added on a little extra on Mayowood Road. I think it'll be a good alternate course.

Back to today. It was so nice out this afternoon, that I decided to go out for another little run. It was in the 30's, the wind had died down considerably and was just about perfect for February!! I stayed around the hill and ended up with 13.14 miles. Felt great!!

My suppers are getting rather boring. Here's last night's ...


plus some leftover green beans amandine. Here's tonight's ...


plus some delicata squash and a "lite" English muffin. I opened some low-fat Newman's Own sesame ginger salad dressing (35 cal for 2 Tbsp). It's quite good.

I saw this in People magazine (from 2009!) when I was on the Stairmaster yesterday. It's about Sherri Shepherd who's a cohost on The View I guess. It says "...who went from 167 lbs. to 159 lbs. and took move than five inches off her formerly 38 1/2-in. waist." Also ... NOW A SIZE 6! THEN A SIZE 16! Huh?? Excuse me??  She lost just 8 pounds and in the process went down 5 dress sizes and took more than five inches off her waist? Wow. That's HARD to believe.


Well, I've been at it all day long. Time to wrap this up. Hope to see you in the AM!!

No comments: