Thursday, February 10, 2011

Heat Wave

Isn't it pathetic when 12 degrees feels like a heat wave?? I didn't venture out this morning to workout. WAY too cold. Kudos to Tom O', Melby and Maureen for doing the Progressive Run when the temp was double digits below zero and the wind chill was about 36 below. They are TOUGH. I stayed in bed until 6:33 and then got up and on the Stairmaster for 2 hours. At 4:30 PM I went for an 8 mile run. I definitely notice the extra daylight now. My legs felt MUCH better than they have the last 2 days. I've also started wearing a new pair of shoes, which feels good as well. I'm hoping to run to the Y tomorrow morning to lift and swim. Then, I have LOTS of food to pick up for Lace-Up: AMPI (cheese sticks), Reichel Foods (apples/caramel and pita/hummus), Great Harvest (bread nuggets), Kwik Trip (bananas), HyVee (water). This evening I picked up a trunk full of Chicken Wild Rice soup from Culver's.


I went to the RTC Board meeting this evening to talk about the Fetzer 20K. It's Dave Phillips' birthday tomorrow and someone had brought him a delicious carrot cake from Daube's. I had a little sliver.


I'm going to get some help from the board on the Fetzer. THANK YOU. Dave Phillips is doing shirts, Amy is doing volunteers, Lin is doing medals and bibs. THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU.

LUABC Daily Baking Report:

Banana Bread w/ Walnuts, Plain Banana Bread

English Muffins
And a batch of heart shaped cut outs which I still have to frost. I also made a couple dozen pink ribbon pins for survivors to wear.


Paul Christian was looking for a story for the Recreation section of the Post-Bulletin Tuesday. So I connected him up with Tom O' for a snowshoeing at Oxbow story. So look for that on Tuesday.

Well, I guess I'll read the newspaper and then call it a day. I'm tired.

Good night.

No comments: