Sunday, February 13, 2011

Lace-Up, Episode 2011

The jacket that I WANTED to win at the silent auction, but didn't

This is going to be a short post as it's been a very full day. I'll post lots more tomorrow. But what a successful, wonderful day for Lace-Up Against Breast Cancer. The weather was WONDERFUL.  50 degrees at the start.



A total of 510 participants in the three events (half marathon, 5K, 2-mile).


THANK YOU to everyone who ran/walked, volunteered or support the effort in any way. You all made a difference in the effort to find a cure for a horrible disease, one that has impacted the lives of so many people. Thank you St. Cloud River Runners for making the trip down here. Great fun.


 I decided at the 11th hour to run the 5K just for fun. After high miles yesterday, it was anything but fast. And I know I have lots of (speed) work to do.


After I finished, I went back out on the course to take photos. After cleaning up, I ran 2.5 more miles for a total of 10 for the day. Then I dashed out to Oxbow park for a 2.68 mile snowshoe workout. It really was a workout. The snow was heavy and wet and we went up and down LOTS of hills. But what a beautiful day for a jaunt in the woods.






Well, it's now 10:20PM and I've just GOT to lay down. Talk at you tomorrow.

No comments: