Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Wednesday ...

Kind of a draining day. But I'm OK. The afternoon was spent in the kitchen, which I always enjoy. Lori is going to Austin, TX and was looking for something "Minnesotan" to bring to a seminar she's doing. So I offered to make her some lefse (kind of a Norwegian tortilla). She took me up on the offer so I boiled and riced the potatoes, mixed them up, rolled them out ...




and they're ready to head south. :-) I've never done the whole process by myself (Matt has always helped me) but it went fine. I also made supper for my friend Barbara and her husband Amos. Barbara had a hip replaced. I made cranberry chicken ...


potatoes ...


green beans ...


and I made some cookies yesterday.



I also gave them a couple rounds of lefse even though there's not a single drop of Norwegian blood in either one of them. :-) If I got back in time, I was going to go to the Team R.E.D. Moonlight Snowshow at 7 pm at Oxbow. But I got home at 6:56 pm, so that didnt' work out for tonight. I heard on the radio that we're going to get 6" of snow Sunday night. I don't think snowshoe season has come to an end quite yet. I came home to a disaster in the kitchen.


By about 8:00, the kitchen was tidied up ...


and I was ready to make supper.


I also had one cup of leftover Culver's soup from Lace-Up on Sunday. Still have one cup left. Had one last night too.

I put the potatoes in the oven for an hour at 4:45 pm and decided to go for my run for the day during that time. (I was on the Stairmaster for two hours this morning.) I wanted a minimum of one mile (one of my resolutions for the year), but it was so nice out (I ran in capris and a long-sleeved top) and nothing hurt (I had a sore hamstring right hamstring after the track yesterday ... the left was the one I pulled last August) so I kept running and got in 6.04 by the time I finished my loop. It was so nice having alot of the ice melted from the road shoulders and the sidewalks. And so nice to not be running in all those layers. Sounds like tomorrow is going to be nice and warm (54 degrees) but foggy. Another day for capris.

Eric is coming home tomorrow evening. :-) Yeah!! I will be happy to have him here. But that means I probably won't make it to R.E.D. AGAIN. :-( Something always comes up on Thursdays as of late. They're "arriving in Cuba" tomorrow.

Today the BAA announced new standards and registration procedures for the Boston Marathon beginning in 2012. Read about it here. They've tightened up the qualifying times and will implement a rolling entry procedure.

I saw these kiting pictures of Scott Ewen's on Facebook and he gave permission for me to post them here. This looks like SO MUCH FUN!! They're taken on Pearl Lake south of St. Cloud.







Julie Murray stopped by on Monday with my 50th birthday gift. It's a pen and ink drawing that she did back in November and it's now colored in. It's entitled "My Favorite Things". It's so much fun to look at! The detail is amazing. Thank you Jules!!



I stopped by the office next door on Monday and picked up another beautiful dozen eggs from Dan. I believe I owe him some more cookies. ;-)


Enough for today. Enjoy the meltdown.

No comments: