Saturday, February 5, 2011

Super!!

It was a great day! A very good turnout for the breakfast run.



I lost count, but 30 to 35. About the same as always. And just the right amount of food. A little pumpkin bread left, but that's in the freezer. Thanks Kristin for the blueberry banana smoothies!! Very interesting conversation with Jeff, Trevor, Andy, Erin and Dan after the crew left. Wow! Morning pix might have to wait until tomorrow. I'm off to Whistle Binkies shortly with the girls. :-)

Here are the LUABC medals and scarves. VERY NICE.


After the Breakfast Run wrapped up, I joined LaRee for our long run. She did 3 miles with Puck before I got there and then we ran 12 together, basically up to HyVee north and then back to her house. We did it at a pretty decent clip. Every time I looked at my Garmin we were running 8:14 pace. After getting back to LaRee's house I went out for more miles. 21.25 total. Felt great, and it was a very nice day for running. Just on the verge of melting and not too much wind. After 13.1 yesterday I didn't know if my legs would rebel today, but all good!! I'm very happy with my run.

Sara Holmes is selling Girl Scout cookies. Different this year ... the cookies are available right away. No order and wait deal. If you're interested, you can email her at holmesfam4@charter.net (Her dad gave me permission to post this.)

I think I'll join the Snowshoe Crew tomorrow noon at Oxbow Park. Sounds like a nice day for a hike in the woods.

Gotta run!!

No comments: