Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Fun on the Run

Millie ...


and Peter ...


and I met at the indoor track ...


when it opened at 6 AM for a little "speedwork". We had the track to ourselves. It was great!! This was the first time I was going to test my left hamstring with some up-tempo running after the pull last year so I didn't know how it would go or exactly what the workout might be. I decided on 10 miles, doing a 200 meter pickup after each 4 laps/half mile during the first 6 miles. Then a plain, slow mile. Then a timed mile. Then 2 slow miles. I didn't time the pickups but my miles were: 8:02  7:18  7:31  7:57  7:48  7:57  8:02  7:06 (timed mile) 8:27  10:06. I stopped for a drink and reversed direction after each mile. It worked out great to run at that time of day. I think I might head over there the next few mornings for some "regular" miles as it's supposed to be below zero. And I'm turning into a wimp. A really out of shape wimp. That mile should have been sub-7. But I'll keep working on it. It sounds like we'll be back there next Tuesday. Join us if you like. It's free and open to the public from 6 to 8 in the morning.

Here are the promised photos from the River Runner banquet.


http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd88/rsaxman/SCRR%20banquet%202011/?albumview=slideshow

I had 191 hits on my blog yesterday. :-)

LUABC (Lace-Up Against Breast Cancer) news: Thank you Culver's for donating chicken wild rice soup and HyVee for donating bottled water. I/we really appreciate it! I'm in charge of food, and here's my final menu: chicken wild rice soup, cheese sticks (AMPI), bananas (KwikTrip), apples/caramel and pitas/hummus (Reichel Foods), bread (Great Harvest). I think that meal is worth the price of admission alone, don't you?? We still need runners!! Registration info on the website. Also, we're looking for a few good bakers for the silent auction. The auction is going to be food-themed this year. I'll be baking up a storm, but we'd like more contributions. Send me an email if you'd like more information. Thanks!!

Well, soon it'll be time to leave for Noodles and The Fighter with Jean, Amy and Gina.

Toodles!!

No comments: