Friday, June 25, 2010

Wheels


(Fence needs sanding/painting ... bad!)

Well, after nearly a year of bike shopping, I've got me some pretty sweet wheels.


I bought the Trek Madone 5.1 from Deb at Rochester Cycling & Fitness late yesterday afternoon. I took it for a 30 mile ride this morning.


It's a very sweet little ride. I love it. :-) For you bike technies, here are some pix:

10 speed cassette

Deb switched out the original bars for a women's model (narrower)

Cables are routed through the frame



It was a good ride, though the winds had picked up by the time I left so I headed into the wind going out and rode just past highway 30 south of Rock Dell (my 30-mile route). Going out wasn't too speedy. I had a stop at East St. Olaf for the pic (and that took a while for various reasons).


Coming back ... yowza!! What fun!! A tractor with a cab pulled out next to me in Rock Dell. So I decided I was going to stay in front of him until one of us turned off. Mission: Accomplished. I was 1/4 mile in front of him when he turned south of Salem Corners. Yee haw!! I'd like to get in a long ride in the next few days so I can determine whether I want to keep this saddle. Deb thought I might have issues with it and I think she might be right. Time will tell. I have also (I think) conquered my clipped-in shoes demons. I did a lot of practicing on the trainer yesterday and then again today toodling around the cul-de-sac (which did nothing for my average speed either). But the possibility of a digger still exists for sure. But I don't think I'll get quite so wigged out thinking about it any more.

Last night, Team R.E.D. (and friends) came over for a run/walk/socializing. It was fun, as usual. Randy, Laree and Sam were "admiring" what turns out to be one of the nicer examples of residential ornamental buckthorn in the area. :-) Ha ... who'd have thought!


I've always disliked this "tree". It was purchased as a cherry tree which was obviously a graft of a cherry whip onto some strong root stock. Well, the cherry whip perished and the root stock sprouted into this ugly thing. As of today, the tree is history. :-) Yippee!! It infringing on the neighboring sour cherry tree and was so ugly ... I'm so glad it's gone.

Anyway, there were 21 of us in attendance lasat night. Missing from this photo, myself and Trevor.


Emily, Matt, Allie, Andy, Erin, Mike, Benjamin, Paul, Laree, Dawn, Todd, Kris, Randy, Andy, Roger, Sam, Noah,
and Andy and Tracy in front




Trevor rode down from Pine Island, ran, and rode home.

We played Jarts ...

and enjoyed the beautiful summer evening.


Okie dokie ... gotta get busy. RAC run tomorrow (Saturday) at 7 AM. C U then!!

Toodles.

No comments: