Friday, June 4, 2010

Finally!

My legs are FINALLY feeling like they've got some life in them today. It's been a very sluggish week. These were my workouts:
Fri: 10 mile run, 45 min swim
Thurs: 5.87 mile run (Byron), 8.03 mile run (AM)
Wed: 10 mile run
Tues: 4 mile run/lift/swim
Mon: 14.5 mile bike ride
Sun: 13.1 mile race plus additional miles for a total of 21.87 miles

It was a sultry run today. Very warm and sticky. It took no time at all to work up a sweat.

Last night was Byron Team R.E.D. out in Byron. From now on, the 1st and 3rd Thursdays will be at the Bear's Den ...



and at homes on the 2nd and 4th Thurdays. Here's the crew that was there for the start: Sam, Kathy, Tom, Steve, Paul, Adam, Tracy, Andy, Andy, Erin (starting top left)

The 6-milers made a big rectangle on a HILLY course. My legs were still feeling shot, and I started cramping at 5 miles so it wasn't a pretty run for me. But I got 'er done.


Then it was back to the Den to rehydrate.

We played a quick game of rock/paper/scissors and guess what? I was one of 3 winners! Yes. I can actually play this game and (occasionally) NOT make a fool of myself. Also winning were Tracy and Tom.


My cousin Cindy and I had lunch at Chester's yesterday. Lovely lunch on a lovely day.



She was here with her son Beau who had jaw surgery on Wednesday. I'm happy to report that it went very well. For lunch we both had the Strawberry Chicken Salad which was delicious.


I finally broke down and bought a new camera the other day. Same camera I've had for several years, but the latest incarnation. It's a Canon PowerShot SD1300. I like it a lot, as I did the SD1000. But I'd dropped the old one so many times that the lens and on/off weren't working properly any more. And I can't be without a camera, so a new one was definitely in order. I'll use it tomorrow at  Chesterwoods . I think I'll be a volunteer, but I'm still holding out the possibility that I'll run it. I'll see in the morning. Tracy McCray is the official starter. I'm hoping that this year there isn't a torrential downpour as there has been the last couple of years!!

My good friend Jeanne Block is the race director for the Rochester Women's Race, which is being held for the 31st year on July 31. Here's how Jeanne describes the giveaway this year: a backpack-style bag with upper mesh compartment and an insulated cooler on the bottom. Jeanne makes all the awards for this race, and with 5-year age groups 3 deep, that means 30 awards. I'm waiting to hear from her as to what she's got up here sleeve for this year.

Off-Season Striders kicks of their very short, 3-week season on Sunday at 7 AM at Dunn Bros. north on Elton Hills. I'll be there. I'm thinking about making homemade cinnamon rolls tomorrow and bringing them along. I haven't made them in a while. Saturday June 12 we'll be at Panera south at 7 AM and Saturday June 19 at Dunn Bros. north at 7 AM. All are welcome. Mileage is generally 8 or less, but if you want to run more, just arrive a little early. :-)

New at Great Harvest in June: Breads (Vanilla Blueberry Poppy, Rocky Road, French Toast, Pepperoni Pizza) Sweets (Strawberry Shortcake Muffin, Double Chocolate Chip Muffin, Honey Cake Muffin, Ultra Healthy Muffin, Cran-Almond Cookie, Peanut Butter Cookie, Monster Cookie) Sounds delicious!

Just a little tidbit: my average daily blog hits is at 201 as of today. Whoo hoo!! Thank you all.
 
Well, the dryer is beeping at me and I need to get a few other things done. Including ripping out a dead lilac bush that's in the corner of my perennial garden. The humidity has lessened considerably and it's really quite lovely outside.
 
Toodles!

No comments: