Saturday, June 12, 2010

Wet and Gloomy

We had good enough weather this morning for Off-Season Striders. A bit muggy, but at least it wasn't precipitating. 20 runners showed up at Panera for a jaunt through SW Rochester. Good turnout!
Dave, Tom, Roger

Dave, Pete, Lindsey
Marni, Jim
Jim, Steve, Lana, Andy, Randy



We took the Mayowood trail to the soccer fields and then up 18th Ave SW to Merrihills and then back to Panera.  On the way, I met up with my friend Lisa.




I had 205 hits on my blog yesterday. That's definitely a record for a Friday. Thanks, bleaders!!

I took Matt shopping for a few clothes this afternoon. I love a bargain. We were at Kohl's and I found a pair of Vera Wang capris (originally $48, but as lots of you know, at Kohl's just about everything is always "on sale" and they were $29.99) and Matt found a l/s shirt on clearance (originally $42, marked way down). So, theoretically someone might have, at some point, theoretically paid $90 for these 2 items of clothing. Well, between my "extra 20% off" coupon and two $10 off a purchase of $20 or more coupons, I ended up paying $5.87 for the two items. It's kind of a game with me ... :-)

No bike ride today. Too cool, clammy and drizzly. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. I'm toying with the idea of running the 5K tomorrow at 5 PM. Haven't decided yet. In any case, I'll probably lift and swim at 11 when the Y opens.

Off to bed. I'm tired ............. Sweet dreams.

No comments: