Friday, June 25, 2010

All Comers' Mile

Wow ... I'm really behind. I still have so much to share about Duluth, my bike status, Team R.E.D. at my house last night. But first I'll go back to the All Comers' Mile on Tuesday before I have to run.

It was a warm and windy evening for the running of the mile. Two heats ... sub-7:00 pace and 7:00 + pace. After about a 1-mile warmup, I went with group 1, sub-7. We lined up 'em up and we were off.


I knew that I wasn't going to get a repeat of my 5:56 mile up in the cities on Nicollet Mall. That's a fast course. And it wasn't nearly as windy. And despite the fact that that mile was 5 days post marathon, my legs felt much fresher.

My first lap was 1:24. Fast, but I knew I couldn't hold on. My plan was just to run for all I was worth pretty much the whole time. Lap two I was at 2:55. OK. Still sub-6 pace, but slowing. Lap 3 ... 3:25. Well I could still do it but most likely not. Lap 4 bit me ... I finished in 6:05. Certainly my fastest All Comers mile, but not a P.R. But I'm OK with that. Results are posted on the RTC website.



Afterwards was the regular meet. Those kids are SO CUTE!!



Gotta run, but I'll be back later in the day!!

No comments: